NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Fa Fa looks to enhance burgeoning record

Wandering Eyes

• Journalists

Shooting for his fourth consecutive win at Happy Valley on Wednesday, a rapidly-improving Fa Fa (NZ) (He’s Remarkable) is looking to continue his sublime run of form when he contests the Class 3 Tokyo Handicap (1650m) for trainer Frankie Lor and jockey Vincent Ho.

Boasting four wins from his last five starts – each at the city circuit – victory for the 75-rater would assure him a start in Class 2 next time, a remarkable rise considering only three starts ago he was winning in Class 4.

“He’s really good over 1650 metres and really good at Happy Valley – he’s a four-year-old, so I’m not too sure if he will go to the Four-Year-Old Classic Series but maybe we will try.

“We’ll see on Wednesday if he can win and get up to Class 2, it also depends on the programme for him, too, going forward,” Lor said.

The He’s Remarkable four-year-old arrived in Hong Kong as an unraced PPG (Privately Purchased Griffin), and after three starts he took a liking to the city circuit by winning at his first outing under lights at Happy Valley.

“He’s come back from Conghua really well, in the morning’s he’s doing well – really good, and I hope he can run a good race tomorrow,” Lor said.

Assigned 129lb, Fa Fa will step away from gate six against 11 rivals including King’s Capital (121lb), Exceptional Nice (120lb) and The Anomaly (119lb).

“I think so (to carrying a big weight), he’s not a really big horse but I think it should be ok,” the handler said.

View the full article