NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Autumn Plan For Teppal

• Journalists

Another trainer with a French target in mind for his Classic winner is David Simcock who is eyeing the G1 Qatar Prix de la Foret as an autumn aim for his G1 The Emirates Poule d’Essai des Pouliches winner Teppal (Fr) (Camacho {GB}). The filly disappointed in the G1 Coronation S. at Royal Ascot behind Alpha Centauri (Ire) (Mastecraftsman {Ire}) but Simcock is happy to draw a line through that performance. “She had a bad blood test after Ascot. She has had a month quiet and is just starting up again,” he said on Sunday. Teppal will obviously not take up her entry in the G1 Qatar Sussex S. at Goodwood with Simcock preferring to focus on later in the season. “We might well look at something like the Foret in October. It was disappointing [at Ascot] and something had to be wrong, but she seems back on track now. I’m absolutely in no doubt we wouldn’t have beaten the winner, but I expected a good run from her. I was disappointed, but there were reasons that came to light,” he added.

View the full article