NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Maher, Eustace Form Partnership

• Journalists

Leading trainer Ciaron Maher has entered into a training partnership with David Eustace, his former assistant.

Eustace, the 27-year-old son of Newmarket, England trainer James Eustace, had previously spent time with Roger Varian in his hometown and Peter Snowden and Peter Moody Down Under.

“For as long as I can remember it has always been horses and training, so to be granted this opportunity by Ciaron is a huge honour,” Eustace told Racing.com. “I am extremely grateful for the faith being shown by Ciaron and we look forward as a partnership to continued success in the future.”

Maher noted that Eustace was instrumental in keeping the stable running under Aaron Purcell while he served a six-month suspension that expired earlier this year.

“David has been instrumental in the growth and success of the stable over the past 12 months,” Maher told Racing.com. “During my period of suspension under Aaron Purcell, David ensured the seamless running of the yard. He has proven himself as a hard-working professional, learning the Ciaron Maher Racing way but also bringing new ideas to the fore. I am delighted to have David join me on the ticket.”

View the full article