NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Festivity comes full circle

Wandering Eyes

• Journalists

The auction of Te Akau Racing’s Festivity (NZ) concluded on Friday night with Hunter Valley-based Yarraman Park Stud securing the stakes-winning daughter of their resident sire I Am Invincible for NZ$480,500.

“Obviously we follow the I Am Invincible progeny extremely closely and we were keen to secure her as she was electric, extremely fast and is a lovely style of horse,” said Yarraman Park General Manager Matt Scown.

“This is a family we know well having had her dam on the farm for Shadwell before she was sold with Festivity in utero.

“She looked outstanding in the photos and video and we think she will let down into a lovely broodmare.

“The first box to tick was to secure her and the next ones are to get her over here and then find a suitable mating for her.”

“We thrilled that she’s coming full circle in a way and heading to Yarraman,” said David Ellis CNZM.

“It’s such a great family run stud, the Mitchells have been friends of mine for a long time and I like buying their yearlings as they breed good, sound horses.”

From stakes placed Stratum mare Mabsam, Festivity won on six occasions over 1100m to 1200m including the Listed Hallmark Stud Handicap late last year and in her last start was a narrow second to the highly regarded Babylon Berlin in the Gr.3 Concorde.

Festivity hails from a family laden with Australian Group success, being closely related to Group Three winner and Gr.1 VRC Coolmore Stud Stakes runner-up Invincible Star, while her Stakes-performed dam is a half-sister to Group Three winner Viking Hero.

Dual Group One winner and top Australasian three-year-old Innocent King along with Group One winners Unearthly and her daughter Invest also feature on her page.

Focus now turns to gavelhouse.com’s 55 Lot mixed bloodstock auction currently online and set to close from 7pm (NZ) on Monday.

View the full article