NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Hezashadowplaya’s victory a tonic for Teaz

Wandering Eyes

• Journalists

By Joshua Smith, Harness News Desk

Hezashadowplaya put an end to what has been a pretty miserable last few weeks for trainers Jason and Megan Teaz when he won The Race 14th April, Tickets On Sale Now Mobile Pace (2200m) at Cambridge Raceway on Thursday.

A virus went through their stable last month and to top things off Jason was also out of action for a period after contracting COVID-19.

“Our whole team has been laid low with a virus for the last six or seven weeks,” Jason Teaz said.

“We haven’t had anything racing since Hezashadowplaya last raced (in February) so it has been a big gap for us.

“Every horse we have in training got a piece of it. It has been a long six weeks, but the owners have been great and have stood by us.

“I had COVID last week so it has been rotten. I think I must have gotten it when I went down to call at Manawatu.

“Luckily Megan avoided it so we have been able to keep going.”

Teaz said it was a great feeling to be back in the winner’s circle with Hezashadowplaya on Thursday.

“He is a horse that has been a bit frustrating for us. He is a bit lackadaisical and takes a lot of work, but we have persevered and just changed a few things,” he said.

“He put the writing on the wall a couple of starts ago that he was back and then he got quite sick.

“To get back tonight was a big thrill.”

Meanwhile, it was a night of doubles for three local trainers.

Cambridge Raceway trainers Nicky Chilcott and Arna Donnelly recorded two wins apiece, while Tamahere trainer Dr Luk Chin posted a training-driving double courtesy of Voronov in the Hire A Venue @ Cambridge Raceway Trot (2200m) and Alana in the Clubhouse Sports Bar: UFC April 10th Trot (2700m).

View the full article