NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Dark Vision Sold, Stays With Johnston

• Journalists

Dark Vision (Ire) (Dream Ahead), the impressive winner of the G2 Qatar Vintage S. at Goodwood recently will be running for a different owner on his next start having been purchased by Sheikh Mohammed. Mark Johnston will continue to train the colt who is a possibility for the G1 Goffs Vincent O’Brien National S. at The Curragh next month. “Obviously I’m delighted that he stays with us. He was vetted yesterday and we are currently waiting on some blood tests but this is just routine,” Johnston said on Friday. Johnston made the decision recently to supplement the unbeaten three time winner for the National S. but he will not make a firm decision on a future target until a discussion with the horse’s new owner. “I haven’t decided where he runs next, he’s got all the options and I will have a chat with Godolphin first,” he added. The sale represents a significant windfall for Dark Vision’s previous owners, the Kingsley Park 10, as the juvenile was purchased by Johnston for only 15,000 gns as a yearling in Tattersalls last year. His half-brother by Lope De Vega (Ire) is catalogued in Arqana next week as lot 94 and the colt, offered by Ecurie des Monceaux, is likely to command a significantly higher price than his elder sibling did as a yearling.

View the full article