NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Sir Prancealot’s Sir Dancealot Clear Best In the Hungerford

• Journalists

Sir Dancealot (Ire) (Sir Prancealot {Ire}) and Gerald Mosse are a match made in heaven and the combination were on fire again at Newbury on Saturday as they simply breezed through the G2 Ladyswood Stud Hungerford S. Racing under a three-pound penalty as a result of his win in G2 Lennox S. at Goodwood July 31, the 4-1 shot was waited with in rear as Dream of Dreams (Ire) (Dream Ahead) took them along. As soon as he was given the command, the bay swept by that rival with a furlong to race and on to an authoritative 1 1/4-length success, with Breton Rock (Ire) (Bahamian Bounty {GB}) a half length back in third. “When I first started riding him, I really expected him to be a superstar and he will keep going,” Mosse said of his latest flame. “He’s a lovely horse and I’m not worried about the ground getting softer later in the season, he’s just a machine. I had traffic problems at Goodwood and I didn’t want to risk it today. I just wanted to get him relaxed and when he came I didn’t even press hard. Wherever he goes, I’ll be there.”

Saturday, Newbury, Britain
LADYSWOOD STUD HUNGERFORD S.-G2, £150,000, Newbury, 8-18, 3yo/up, 7fT, 1:26.15, gd.
1–SIR DANCEALOT (IRE), 135, g, 4, by Sir Prancealot (Ire)
1st Dam: Majesty’s Dancer (Ire), by Danehill Dancer (Ire)
2nd Dam: Majesty’s Nurse (Ire), by Indian King
3rd Dam: Lagolette, by Green God (Ire)
(€15,000 Wlg ’14 GOFNOV; €30,000 Ylg ’15 GOFSPT). O-C Benham, D Whitford, L Quinn, K Quinn; B-Vincent Duignan (IRE); T-David Elsworth; J-Gerald Mosse. £85,065. Lifetime Record: 24-8-3-2, $595,137. Werk Nick Rating: A+++ *Triple Plus*. Click for the eNicks report & 5-cross pedigree.
2–Dream of Dreams (Ire), 132, c, 4, Dream Ahead–Vasilia (GB), by Dansili (GB). (37,000gns Wlg ’14 TATFOA; £44,000 RNA Ylg ’15 DNPRM). O-Saeed Suhail; B-Prostock Ltd (IRE); T-Sir Michael Stoute. £32,250.
3–Breton Rock (Ire), 132, g, 8, Bahamian Bounty (GB)–Anna’s Rock (Ire), by Rock of Gibraltar (Ire). (£20,000 Ylg ’11 DNPRM). O-John Cook; B-George Kent (IRE); T-David Simcock. £16,140.
Margins: 1 1/4, HF, NK. Odds: 4.00, 10.00, 12.00.
Also Ran: Tomyris (GB), Gustav Klimt (Ire), Dan’s Dream (GB), Yafta (GB), Librisa Breeze (GB). Click for the Racing Post result or the free Equineline.com catalogue-style pedigree. Video, sponsored by Fasig-Tipton.

View the full article