NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Torcedor’s sale - 2 sides of the tale

I think we all read the news release last week from Te. Akau announcing the sale of their European stayer, Torcedor, to a German syndicate and Andreas Wohler...as the money offered was too good to refuse.

just read only minutes ago on Racing Post, the actual purchaser of the horse is Jamie Lovett’s Australian Bloodstock...who negotiated the deal with Ellis. Lovett states the money paid was less than what they thought it would take to buy the horse.

they are planning a Spring campaign in Australia and hope to have him down with the first wave of horses...his target race will depend on how he shapes up for Wohler...

I guess this scenario highlights all is subjective when it comes to trading horses. 

6 hours ago, MaltedMilkshake said:

they are planning a Spring campaign in Australia and hope to have him down with the first wave of horses...his target race will depend on how he shapes up for Wohler...

Yes, he has traveled any serious distance once - and was a flop. Maybe an aberration. Time will tell.

Who knows - there might have been two winners - David Ellis couldn't believe the money he got and the Aussie blokes couldn't believe how cheap the horse was.  It is possible to have two winners in a deal but I guess if he wins the Cup David  might be ruing selling him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark Beau said:

An interesting debate. 

My tuppence worth is that David is the better judge of buying yearlings, while Jamie is a better judge of buying proven horses. 

The results speak for themselves. 

It will be interesting to see the outcome with Torcedor. 

I do feel for Jessica Harrington...she and her team have done a great job with the horse. Shame neither party gave her the opportunity to bring him down for the Cup..but then Australian Bloodstock have had success with Wohler.  

22 hours ago, Dark Beau said:

An interesting debate. 

My tuppence worth is that David is the better judge of buying yearlings, while Jamie is a better judge of buying proven horses. 

The results speak for themselves. 

It will be interesting to see the outcome with Torcedor. 

yearlings like  Saperavi ?????????

13 hours ago, mardigras said:

Yes, he has traveled any serious distance once - and was a flop. Maybe an aberration. Time will tell.

Oh dear... Mr. Arro ' I know more than Trainers' Gant...

Is the Melbourne Cup over a "serious distance" this year...or the normal 3200M??

Jess Harrington....highly regarded trainer of Torcedor...probably doesn't know much being a woman uh Woddy?

“He then ran a great race to finish third in the Gold Cup at Royal Ascot, but I think he can be just as effective away from Ascot. He has won for me around Navan and Leopardstown, and at various different courses so I think he is fairly adaptable now.”

She added: “There is always a chance we could beat Stradivarius. The drop back to two miles will suit Torcedor as he does have plenty of pace. He stays further than that, but I do feel two miles will suit him.”

Here, I'll help you - yet you're too stupid to understand.

Definition of travel in English:

travel

VERB

• 1no object, with adverbial Make a journey, typically of some length.

‘the vessel had been travelling from Libya to Ireland’

‘we travelled thousands of miles’
    More example sentences
    1. 1.1with object Journey along (a road) or through (a region)
      ‘he travelled the world with the army’

More example sentences
      Synonyms
    2. 1.2usually as adjective travellingGo or be moved from place to place.
      ‘a travelling exhibition’

More example sentences
    3. 1.3 Withstand a journey without illness or impairment.
      ‘he usually travels well, but he did get a bit upset on a very rough crossing’

More example sentences
    4. 1.4 Be successful away from the place of origin.
      ‘accordion music travels well’

7 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Oh dear is right. Traveled, not raced How's the remedial English coming along?

Not well by the look of things. You'd think the dictionary definition would help but I agree it's doubtful he'll understand it. Might need to revert to a lower level remedial reading class.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thomass said:

Praise da Lord you're not writing press releases for MFAT...you'd have us at war in no time...

You must have also missed the remedial class on 'context' because only an imbecile would have the slimmest chance of confusing what was written.

Not surprisingly, you managed to. Well done.

• Like 1