NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

VIC Jumpouts to be filmed...why not us?

Thomass

lol we can't  even get proper upgrades of tracks    we wont get this in a long time 

its all well they do it in aus  they get    owners increased dividends

sad  thing is  if your horse  comes in with a flash jump out    it  gets smashed    on the tote  seen it with my own horse    opened at 2$   

tab  only looks after there  punters not the  hordes  of owners  that actually punt 

hence why not having horses in nz is  bloody good 

Gee don't know wtf that means but I think you're agreeing Punters come first...onya

Accessing vision and information for Victorian jump-outs is set to become a whole lot easier with Racing Victoria announcing that all clubs will be required to provide vision from October 1.

In a statement released on Thursday, RV said clubs with jump-outs published in the official industry publication Inside Racing will now be required to film each jump-out they conduct and publish the vision on their respective websites within 48 hours of completion.

Clubs will also be required to include information that appropriately identifies each horse competing in a jump-out and its trainer.

The secrecy in which some Victorian jump-outs have been conducted by certain clubs, including the lack of information pertaining to the horses involved in the jump-outs, has been a source of frustration for punters. 

The Victoria Racing Club (Flemington), Melbourne Racing Club (Caulfield, Mornington, Ladbrokes Park) and Ballarat Turf Club (Ballarat, Burrumbeet) currently offer the service for punters and owners for jump-outs conducted at their racetracks.

Thursday's announcement will see that extended to all country racing tracks, including venues such as Cranbourne, Geelong, Bendigo and Pakenham.

RV Executive General Manager Greg Carpenter said it was important to provide punters with greater transparency. 

Today’s announcement is an important step forward in providing greater transparency around jump-outs for punters who are integral to the funding of the industry," Carpenter said. 

“We have taken on board the feedback provided by punters and believe this decision will benefit punters by equipping them with more information to make their wagering decisions.

Yeah but NZ Racing is broke at all levels.  At least in OZ when a horse pitches up on Met raceday it's ready and "didn't need a couple of runs."

The jump out filming isn't going to help your betting strategies anyhow as the mostly rely on non performance related data.  Of course I guess you'll be wanting them to record and notify gear changes at jumpouts?

Geez Box you've got a case of the dribbles this morning...been on the porcelain all mornin'?

Ask Neil Davis about showing jumpouts...

Theres nothing worse than John I don't bet Barry coming on after a race and telling us his neddy was "really impressive in a jump out"

Now go and take another anti vindaloo pill

Well this seems to be an ' integrity' matter Thommassino.....the problem is getting a decision-one way or the other-on anything revolving around integrity matters in nz racing. The finger points directly at the ' ditherer' godber. Can't paint a pretty picture of it, disgraceful stuff going on. These positives at New Plymouth are a classic example. Geeze, why are these squids in the riu taking orders from solicitors? same thing took place with the muttermutter case. bloody hopeless.

33 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Geez Box you've got a case of the dribbles this morning...been on the porcelain all mornin'?

Theres nothing worse than John I don't bet Barry coming on after a race and telling us his neddy was "really impressive in a jump out"

why ask  niel davis hes the one lining his pockets no matter  so why should we ask him  

37 minutes ago, Thomass said:

worse is finding  your horse on debut  at  2 after been labelled good thing  on the  tipping sites    horse racing owners  get a raw deal to  

9 hours ago, Thomass said:

Gee don't know wtf that means but I think you're agreeing Punters come first...onya

Accessing vision and information for Victorian jump-outs is set to become a whole lot easier with Racing Victoria announcing that all clubs will be required to provide vision from October 1.

In a statement released on Thursday, RV said clubs with jump-outs published in the official industry publication Inside Racing will now be required to film each jump-out they conduct and publish the vision on their respective websites within 48 hours of completion.

Clubs will also be required to include information that appropriately identifies each horse competing in a jump-out and its trainer.

The secrecy in which some Victorian jump-outs have been conducted by certain clubs, including the lack of information pertaining to the horses involved in the jump-outs, has been a source of frustration for punters. 

The Victoria Racing Club (Flemington), Melbourne Racing Club (Caulfield, Mornington, Ladbrokes Park) and Ballarat Turf Club (Ballarat, Burrumbeet) currently offer the service for punters and owners for jump-outs conducted at their racetracks.

Thursday's announcement will see that extended to all country racing tracks, including venues such as Cranbourne, Geelong, Bendigo and Pakenham.

RV Executive General Manager Greg Carpenter said it was important to provide punters with greater transparency. 

Today’s announcement is an important step forward in providing greater transparency around jump-outs for punters who are integral to the funding of the industry," Carpenter said. 

“We have taken on board the feedback provided by punters and believe this decision will benefit punters by equipping them with more information to make their wagering decisions.

and  you do realize  it was the big  bookies   that dig  there heals in  over this  

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, jess said:

Word is upcoming Levin jump-outs will be videoed....  

We've had jump-outs on video here in Oz for years Jess, Flemington primarily and even though they are down the back straight you get to see your horse and have an indication as to how it's going...prep wise, Caulfield also.......Levin, hmmm........where is the money coming from? the industry is stoney broke, they need every cent to pay those suits salaries Jess, you know, those top performing industrious gentlemen who police and oversee the industry.

Even though I've been known to patronise the Levin jump outs in the past and wld like to have had access to video when i cldnt make it there to watch - if filming them would take food from the mouths of the suits (I'm not saying just men here either as in fact a particular woman comes to mind ....)  I'd have to vote the initiative down.

I cldnt live with myself Rowley.  

• Champ Post 1