NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Dubawi’s Lah Ti Dar Annihilates Galtres Field

• Journalists

Kept off the track since the Listed Pretty Polly S. at Newmarket May 6, the Lloyd-Webbers’ ‘TDN Rising Star’ Lah Ti Dar (GB) (Dubawi {Ire}) came back remarkably strong to earn a tilt at a Classic with connections now pondering the G1 St Leger at Doncaster Sept. 15. Sent off the 4-6 favourite despite the lay-off, the bay travelled easily in fourth early and when sent on by Frankie Dettori three out stretched clear to record a 10-length success from Light of Joy (Kitten’s Joy), who nosed out Sun Maiden (GB) (Frankel {GB}) for second. “She felt very impressive and they’ve got her back together–she’s very exciting,” Dettori said. “She’s got a lovely stride and we’ve always thought a lot of her, but she missed a lot of time. The track suited her and it was an almighty performance. I suggested the St Leger and I’m sure the Lloyd-Webbers and John will make a plan. I’m confident she’ll stay the extra two furlongs and soft ground is never going to be a problem. What I’ve seen of the three-year-old colts, they are vulnerable and I’d like to take them on.”

Thursday, York, Britain
BRITISH EBF & SIR HENRY CECIL GALTRES S.-Listed, £70,000, York, 8-23, 3yo/up, f/m, 11f 188yT, 2:31.22, g/f.
1–LAH TI DAR (GB), 128, f, 3, Dubawi (Ire)–Dar Re Mi (GB) (Hwt. Older Mare-Eng at 11-14f, G1SW-Eng, Ire & UAE, GSW & G1SP-Fr, GISP-US, $4,359,112), by Singspiel (Ire). O-Lord Lloyd-Webber; B-Watership Down Stud (GB); T-John Gosden; J-Lanfranco Dettori. £39,697. Lifetime Record: 3-3-0-0, $97,424. *Full to So Mi Dar (GB) (Dubawi {Ire}), GSW-Eng & G1SP-Fr, $242,742l and 1/2 to De Treville (GB) (Oasis Dream {GB}), MGSP-Fr, $114,187.
2–Light of Joy, 133, f, 4, Kitten’s Joy–Light Blow, by Kingmambo. O-Flaxman Stables Ireland Ltd. £15,050.
3–Sun Maiden (GB), 124, f, 3, Frankel (GB)–Midsummer (GB), by Kingmambo. O-Khalid Abdullah. £7,532.
Margins: 10, NO, 3/4. Odds: 0.65, 33.00, 5.00.
Also Ran: Alwaysandforever (Ire), What A Home (Ire), Isabella (Ire), Snow Wind (Ire). Scratched: Lubinka (Ire), Shailene (Ire). Click for the Racing Post result. Video, sponsored by Fasig-Tipton.

View the full article