NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Gimcrack Glory For Shamardal’s Emaraaty Ana

• Journalists

Kevin Ryan is turning into Mr Gimcrack and Ahmad Abdulla Al Shaikh’s Emaraaty Ana (GB) (Shamardal) became the local trainer’s fourth winner of York’s prestigious group 2 of that name sponsored by Al Basti Equiworld on Friday. Sent off well-supported at 5-1 with the meeting’s top rider Frankie Dettori coming in for the ride after Jamie Spencer called in sick, the bay who was third in Newbury’s Listed Rose Bowl S. July 20 was up on the front end from the outset. Asserting from two out, he saw off the threat of ‘TDN Rising Star’ Legends of War (Scat Daddy) to prevail by a half length, with the 9-4 favourite Shine So Bright (GB) (Oasis Dream {GB}) 3/4 of a length back in third. “Kevin [Ryan] said he probably wants seven and to make plenty of use of him, so I was there to be shot at and he showed gtreat courage and hit the line really well,” Dettori said after his third flying dismount in the last 24 hours. “He’s still on the weak side and can only get better. He’s got a racing brain and he was never going to let one pass. I told Kevin to try not to over-race him this year as he needs to get strength but that will come in time.” Ryan added, “He’s always been very smart and I was a little bit disappointed at Newbury but the ground was a bit loose there. He’s still quite a raw horse and he’ll make a nice three-year-old. He’s in the [G1] Middle Park [at Newmarket Sept. 29] and I think he’ll get another furlong, so we’ll see.”

EMARAATY ANA (GB), c, 2, Shamardal–Spirit of Dubai (Ire), by Cape Cross (Ire).
O-Ahmad Abdulla Al Shaikh; B-Rabbah Bloodstock Ltd (GB); T-Kevin Ryan; J-Lanfranco Dettori. £127,598. Lifetime Record: 3-2-0-1, £135,129.

View the full article