NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Chautauqua jumps, but......

Chief Stipe

I think Mr Q might be a former leading trainer here in Oz, Greg Bennett, could be wrong, but as Greg broke in the likes of Makybe Diva and won so many country trainers premierships plus is the countries most respected horse breaker, well, it's a possibility if not a probability.....Greg would or could fix him if anyone can.......22nd Sept, bring it on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rowley Mile said:

I think Mr Q might be a former leading trainer here in Oz, Greg Bennett, could be wrong, but as Greg broke in the likes of Makybe Diva and won so many country trainers premierships plus is the countries most respected horse breaker, well, it's a possibility if not a probability.....Greg would or could fix him if anyone can.......22nd Sept, bring it on.

My pick too RM. I probably would have gone for Monty who I'm guessing would have taken more of a psychological approach whereas whomever Mr Q is, is obviously using a more behavioural one which appears to be working. A very good decision by stewards I think which takes the pressure off the horse and handlers. It was never going to be an overnight fix. No doubt from that trial, the horse is in fine fettle and still loves to race.

14 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Oh ok so maybe not a 'behaviourist' in the whispering Monty form?

I see Waterhouse is pleading for them to get Monty in to have a go...

...and whoever is doing it was "confident" of success last week

I heard Gai on the ladio about 6 weeks ago on this. Has she had more to say?

1 minute ago, curious said:

My pick too RM. I probably would have gone for Monty who I'm guessing would have taken more of a psychological approach whereas whomever Mr Q is, is obviously using a more behavioural one which appears to be working. A very good decision by stewards I think which takes the pressure off the horse and handlers. It was never going to be an overnight fix. No doubt from that trial, the horse is in fine fettle and still loves to race.

Begs the question why didn't they do it from day one?  I think he is field shy as opposed to a tardy jumper hence is storming late runs on the outside.

2 minutes ago, curious said:

I heard Gai on the ladio about 6 weeks ago on this. Has she had more to say?

Sorry the pants wearing Waterhouse...

Dunno how you can say 5L slow again is working...and the pressures off!!

Last chance saloon!  Just get Monty in for a last chance!

Actually Robbie even sounds like Gai now...

It was the same when Ritchie Yuill was training with Shilling for Jillings...

...he eventually ended up having the same intonations and affectations...

Just like 2 religious people I know..life partners...never swear...

...when they hurt themselves...both say "ouch"

Hilarious..but that's what happens with partners...

Whats yours and Woddys cute identical affectations..if ya don't mind moi asking?

• 4 weeks later...

Chautauqua leaves the barriers in Flemington jump out

The Hawkes' trained sprinter Chautauqua has overcome the first hurdle on his way to being reinstated to race, leaving the gates with the field in a jump-out at Flemington.

After Chautauqua successfully left the barriers, Tommy Berry, who flew from Sydney for the jump out, did not extend the champion sprinter over the 800m.

Chautauqua still needs to pass two official barrier trials before being allowed to race again.

Racing NSW stewards placed a ban Chautauqua after he failed to jump in six trials and was slowly away in a special race day trial at Rosehill on August 25th.

Link - Racing NSW stewards' allow Chautauqua a further chance to jump from the barriers