NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

New Recruit For Summerhill Stud

• Journalists

Rabada (SAf) (Brave Tin Soldier-Jordie {SAf}, by Fard {Ire}), a Group 1 winner at two and three in South Africa, will enter stud at Summerhill Stud this year.

Rabada was bred by Summerhill and raced in the colours of Mayfair Speculators, having been bought for R300,000 as a 2-year-old. The winner of five of 10 lifetime starts for trainer Michael Azzie, Rabada was unbeaten in three starts as a juvenile culminating in the G1 Champion S., and he added the G1 Daily News 2000 the following autumn at three.

“An absolute joy to train, he was my pick for the July ahead of Abashiri; I just wish we’d been able to run him there,” Azzie said. “He had brilliant 2-year-old speed and the class to carry it over 2000 metres. Remember, he won the Daily News without the stick, which tells you that besides his natural talent, he was as genuine as the day was blue. Despite the problems I had with his feet, he was as good a horse as I’ve had the privilege to train. Imagine how good he’d have been if we’d not battled with his feet?”

View the full article