NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Feedback on Livamol Classic Day

Weasel

Great turnout and overall vibe of excitement. Plenty of 18-44yrs many of whom had not the foggiest notion of appropriate attire for raceday or cool Spring weather.

A gate charge of $25 per head was/is, IMO, outrageously expensive and counter-productive. Quality of racing and fields exceptional. Track played fair throughout the day, according to the two jockeys I spoke to.

Biggest let-down on the day for me was the sound system on-course. From inside the grandstand you couldn't hear much if anything very clearly, so had to rely on TV monitors to see who was where and try to recognise colours. If it were up to me I'd replace Tony Lee whose commentary style is an irritant. (I understand that some people think he's great; I don't.)

Highlights of the day - the runs of Savvy Coup, Dandanzdance and Te Akau Shark; and the fairytale coming true for Pitty.

If the expected showers had actually turned up from 7am -11am Sat, would Butch Castles' worst nightmare have come true? Thank goodness we will never know.

A memorable day; an exciting spectacle.

• Like 2

On the track, the wins of Savvy Coup, Te Akau Shark and Madison County

The betting plunge on Langkawi, that came off.  Someone knew something and told a few people, up against a very impressive odds on shot in Lincoln Falls as well.

Hesi's all up, thank you.  I could not see how Melt, Mongolian Marshal and Love Affair could not fill a place, and they duly obliged

Edited by hesi