NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

TAB ownership scheme....is it legal?

The Centaur

12 hours ago, Freda said:

And Entain will want every bit of exposure that can be garnered.  They aren't, despite all the apparent largesse, a charity.  They are in to make money.  Given the superb track-in-the- making at Ellerslie, along with the new training facilities to be developed at Pukekohe, it seems pretty obvious to me that any new ownership enterprise will be based largely around that.

One thing that does interest me about Ellerslie is whether the die hard regular attenders will immediately return to their old habits after a couple of years off. Once you get used to not going racing every weekend, either by discovering other interests or by getting used to sitting at home in front of the big screen with a computer and a beer, it might be hard to get back into the habit again. It isn't as if they are building a flash new stand for the members, its only a new track, which is still green, I assume, so you can appreciate that just as easily on TV.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doomed said:

One thing that does interest me about Ellerslie is whether the die hard regular attenders will immediately return to their old habits after a couple of years off. Once you get used to not going racing every weekend, either by discovering other interests or by getting used to sitting at home in front of the big screen with a computer and a beer, it might be hard to get back into the habit again. It isn't as if they are building a flash new stand for the members, its only a new track, which is still green, I assume, so you can appreciate that just as easily on TV.

I remember when the New Plymouth track opened up after remodelling about 1983 there was that many turn up thus not getting a bet on or being able to move that the consensus was they would never come back. Moral.... be prepared and as FIFA did with the womens football make it an experience.

• Like 1