NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Opening the Books: Without the Labour Reds BS!

Chief Stipe

11 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

FFS two GSE's (SOE's) had 90% of the market!  Government playing in a field they shouldn't have stuffed it up and the taxpayer is still paying for it.  

BTW I certainly wasn't born into privilege!

90% of the market!I think you are up to the old righty trick of making shit up.

Produce your evidence....come on...👈

11 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Who cares ,completely irrelevant.

You using the Luxon method....caught out so deflect.Hopeless,debating quality at Lincoln must have been very,very,...poor.

I explained how the GFC came about.You  just refuse to accept,regardless of...the facts.

50 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Who cares ,completely irrelevant.

You using the Luxon method....caught out so deflect.Hopeless,debating quality at Lincoln must have been very,very,...poor.

I explained how the GFC came about.You  just refuse to accept,regardless of...the facts.

You haven't provided any facts just opinion that doesn't stand up to any challenge.  You also have an appalling understanding of math when you can't grasp the fact that holding trillions of liability in a housing bubble is far more of a problem than holding billions of net assets.

The Federal Government created the problem not private sector greed which you assert.  The Fed had the power and means to resolve the problem but stuffed it up.

A classic case with evidence showing clearly that Governments should stay out of those markets full stop.  It all arose from political intervention to provide a cheap supply of money for home lenders.

I have yet to see what your alternative is.  No doubt it involves more market intervention and the printing of money to hand out.

24 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

You haven't provided any facts just opinion that doesn't stand up to any challenge.  You also have an appalling understanding of math when you can't grasp the fact that holding trillions of liability in a housing bubble is far more of a problem than holding billions of net assets.

The Federal Government created the problem not private sector greed which you assert.  The Fed had the power and means to resolve the problem but stuffed it up.

A classic case with evidence showing clearly that Governments should stay out of those markets full stop.  It all arose from political intervention to provide a cheap supply of money for home lenders.

I have yet to see what your alternative is.  No doubt it involves more market intervention and the printing of money to hand out.

One day you may figure out how the Capitalist system works.

Hint ,it relies on spending and boosting interest bearing DEBT....debt is an asset in the scheme,especially when if it overwhelms you...a Govt bailout...awaits.

You can bluff,lie and bluster but the facts destroy your feeble propositions.

Stick to making hay,methane or...whatever you...do.

2 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Try the Bank of England site...Richard Werner....educate yourself .

God know's what you think the substance of Western Capitalism...is.Mind you it's not taught widely,they'd rather you didn't know.

Oh deary me is there a conspiracy I didn't know about?

So this Werner chap is a left wing academic is he not?

Perhaps the Bank Of England should have approved the Barclay's offer for Lehman's.  Oh dear another conspiracy theory.

At the end of the day Governments should get out of active participation in markets.  Full stop end of argument.

New Zealand could do with a Maggie Thatcher or even a Roger Douglas now.

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Oh deary me is there a conspiracy I didn't know about?

So this Werner chap is a left wing academic is he not?

Perhaps the Bank Of England should have approved the Barclay's offer for Lehman's.  Oh dear another conspiracy theory.

At the end of the day Governments should get out of active participation in markets.  Full stop end of argument.

New Zealand could do with a Maggie Thatcher or even a Roger Douglas now.

Oh do behave Chief...Thatcher and Douglas never had an original ideain their lives and have been thoroughly discredited.

Werner is respected internationally and in another league to those two dullards.

1 hour ago, holy ravioli said:

Oh do behave Chief...Thatcher and Douglas never had an original ideain their lives and have been thoroughly discredited.

Werner is respected internationally and in another league to those two dullards.

Really?  The person who purports to have given the world the concept of Quantitative Easing?  Yeah well that's worked out well hasn't it.  At least he now has quantum of real world data to blow his own theories out of the water.

16 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Really?  The person who purports to have given the world the concept of Quantitative Easing?  Yeah well that's worked out well hasn't it.  At least he now has quantum of real world data to blow his own theories out of the water.

Yes Q.E till infinity is the way the U.S.A operates.

His work with the B.O.J goes back along way.

• 2 weeks later...

'According to the OECD, New Zealands Government Debt is 57% of GDP.
This is less than Sweden, Ireland, Australia, Sth Africa, Germany, Finland, UK, Belgium, Canada, Portugal, France, Spain, USA, Italy & Japan.
It is well below the OECD average of 89% of GDP.
So the scary debt monster isn’t what NAct paint it to be.

New Zealand’s level of tax is less than the OECD average (as a percentage of GDP). New Zealand’s top marginal tax rate on corporate income is lower than the OECD average.
So the myth that we are “overtaxed” is another NAct soundbite .
Of course NAct don’t want you to know this, because any such changes would threaten the egregious profits of their rich donors.'Jase.

49 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

According to the OECD, New Zealands Government Debt is 57% of GDP.
This is less than Sweden, Ireland, Australia, Sth Africa, Germany, Finland, UK, Belgium, Canada, Portugal, France, Spain, USA, Italy & Japan.
It is well below the OECD average of 89% of GDP.
So the scary debt monster isn’t what NAct paint it to be.

So is this a measure of who's last?  Surely you are not promoting that we catch up with the rest!  Beg Borrow Hope Robertson is keen to do that.  Thankfully he'll be retiring soon.....12 days to go!

10 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

So is this a measure of who's last?  Surely you are not promoting that we catch up with the rest!  Beg Borrow Hope Robertson is keen to do that.  Thankfully he'll be retiring soon.....12 days to go!

If the right prevail,there will be 3 years of mayhem.Ramping immigration and house prices is all the Natz have got.Hopeless!🦨