Bit Of A Yarn

You Bloody Beauty!

Rowley Mile

Noms are out for Doomben and Goldie SAT.......well, no noms, only 1 from a visiting SYD trainer......so the boys and gals have stuck, bloody ripper, now to make this stupid woman wake up.......QLD might just teach the NZ Trainers association something about loyalty and committment, to the industry that feeds and clothes us all....or should!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

There was a strike mooted here in Canterbury,  quite some years ago ;  can't remember what the issue was then,  I was an obedient stable girl and probably hadn't been told...anyway, it was decided to boycott a set of trials. [ ok,  not very radical,  but still,  a statement ]  but in the end,  Garth Jackson and Mouse McCann boycotted, with the support of their owners,  no one else, the trials went ahead and no statement was made at all.

The exact same thing would happen now;  some might strike,  others would see a chance to get results with depleted fields....ffs

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Freda said:

There was a strike mooted here in Canterbury,  quite some years ago ;  can't remember what the issue was then,  I was an obedient stable girl and probably hadn't been told...anyway, it was decided to boycott a set of trials. [ ok,  not very radical,  but still,  a statement ]  but in the end,  Garth Jackson and Mouse McCann boycotted, with the support of their owners,  no one else, the trials went ahead and no statement was made at all.

The exact same thing would happen now;  some might strike,  others would see a chance to get results with depleted fields....ffs

when the Sydney jocks were on strike, maybe late 80s, early 90s, Dye and J Cassidy and maybe a couple of others flew to Melbourne for rides and all the Sydney horses were ridden by apprentices who weren't allowed to strike.

Also i remember when they had  strappers go on strike in sydney in about 1982 ,all the trainers had to lead in their own horses at randwick, prior to racing ,even tj smith  had to walk one around . Being from new zealand with a nz horse i wasnt part of it all so had to strap our horse,Got a lot of funny looks from all the stablehands after the races.

• Like 1