NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Biggest laugh in NZ Politics for 2023 is .......

Walt

13 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

You really need to ask?

At least in NZ you own your house and at the end of your life you can redistribute your wealth to your children or friends.  Plus you don't need to start working in a real job until at least age 16.  

And how do you think it works in your free market example the PRC?

7 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

So you do like Communism after all.

Have you been to China and done business?  Business there is as far from Communism as you could imagine.  Although Xi Jinping is going to try his best at winding back the clock to before the economic reforms.  Shame really but great data for showing that free market reforms in a communist country can actually turn things around.

20 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Have you been to China and done business?  Business there is as far from Communism as you could imagine.  Although Xi Jinping is going to try his best at winding back the clock to before the economic reforms.  Shame really but great data for showing that free market reforms in a communist country can actually turn things around.

I am not the one with an irrational reaction when I hear the word...Communism.🙄

2 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

I am not the one with an irrational reaction when I hear the word...Communism.🙄

Tell that to anyone who lived under Stalin or Mao regimes.

Meanwhile you ignore the fact that China commenced on the path of becoming an economic trading powerhouse after the death of Mao primarily because of the free market reforms of Deng Xiaoping beginning in 1979.

Isn't there enough empirical evidence from China to support the fact - markets work?

But you just keep wallowing in you ideological bath.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Tell that to anyone who lived under Stalin or Mao regimes.

Meanwhile you ignore the fact that China commenced on the path of becoming an economic trading powerhouse after the death of Mao primarily because of the free market reforms of Deng Xiaoping beginning in 1979.

Isn't there enough empirical evidence from China to support the fact - markets work?

But you just keep wallowing in you ideological bath.

You stated there is a free market economy...there are over 200 nations in the world.You have failed to identify 1 single free market economy.China does not qualify....in China the Govt tells the corporations what to do...in the West the reverse is...true.

24 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

You stated there is a free market economy...there are over 200 nations in the world.You have failed to identify 1 single free market economy.China does not qualify....in China the Govt tells the corporations what to do...in the West the reverse is...true.

Where did I state that?

I stated that there are markets that work efficiently - EVERYWHERE.

17 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

As I said there are successful markets in every country.  It's up to you to disprove that.  Not my job to waste time educating an adult idiot.

You have no examples to back yourself up...even though you have broadened the original assertion.As usual when the 'tank' is empty you resort to ad   hom attacks.

Have a look at how other posters engage in discussion/debate and learn something.

6 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

You have no examples to back yourself up...even though you have broadened the original assertion.

I didn't broaden anything you did after you dug a hole for yourself.

Have a look at how other posters engage in discussion/debate and learn something.

You'd be the last person anyone would imitate.

I was not talking about me.You are embarrassing yourself now.Seriously...give it up.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.Go and hose yourself..down.😜

Sadly you're a joke @holy ravioli and anyone who reads your posts can see that even when they have to distil any semblance of meaning from your irrational ideological ramblings.