Bit Of A Yarn

Two Grass Track Meetings on a Sunday....addicts will be smiling :)

I won't be betting but I'll watch all the replays when I get back from French Pass tonight.

One horse especially gets my attention. Heartbreak Hotel in the first @ Mt Hutt.

I know he has more than enough ability to win this on his ear but he did my head in @ Nelson. Over the years I've had a pattern that routinely works beautifully. Any trotter that goes out fav on debut but loses the plot is an absolute must follow in it's second run. Heartbreak Hotel proved to be the exception there. I've seen strong evidence that the trip away to Nelson has been Gold for numerous Canterbury horses. No reason whatsoever that Heartbreak Hotel can't be another one.

I'm also a big believer in the importance of stable form. Every bit of my research prior to the first day @ Nelson was screaming out to me that Scarlett's Legacy was ready to win. She didn't but on Friday night with the gift of another ace draw she delivered. If Heartbreak Hotel wins the first today it will turn around a disappointing trip away to Nelson for Gavin Smith with pretty much his entire team. 

• Like 1