Bit Of A Yarn

Sangster, Sexton, Among Three New National Stud Board Members

• Journalists

Sam Sangster, Nancy Sexton and Fred Barrelet have all joined The National Stud (TNS) Board, the stud announced on Tuesday.

SireCam creator Sangster runs the Manton Thoroughbreds syndicate, as well as a bloodstock agency, while Sexton possesses pedigree knowledge and an astute understanding of the international Thoroughbred market. Formerly clinical director at Rossdale's Veterinary Surgeons, Barrelet is a veterinary delegate for the FEI veterinary committee.

Chairman Lord Grimthorpe said, “We are very lucky to have secured three outstanding new members who will bring a wide variety and vital range of expertise to the board.”

Sangster added, “I am thrilled to embrace this role with whole-hearted enthusiasm, and I hope to bring added value to an already well-established team. The location, facilities, staff, and rich history at the National Stud are truly among the best in the industry. I am excited to be part of the path they are heading towards–it promises to be a very exciting journey.”

“I'm delighted and honoured to join the board of the National Stud, it's such an important part of the British bloodstock landscape and it continues to serve an extremely valuable role as far as education is concerned with a heartening momentum behind the current courses,” said Sexton.

avw.php?zoneid=45&cb=67700179&n=af62659d

The post Sangster, Sexton, Among Three New National Stud Board Members appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

View the full article