Bit Of A Yarn

Redzel - no good without blinkers

Well that's what I was told anyway. I don't listen to hearsay, I prefer to measure performance objectively myself.

Funnily enough, the horse has only ever raced once without blinkers. Ran 2nd over 1000m at Warwick Farm on a Good3. Next start with blinkers on, ran 2nd over 1100m.

But the run at Warwick Farm is the 27th fastest over 1000m on a G3 or better in the last 15 years - out of over 1000 horses at  that track/distance/track condition. A real slug without blinkers for sure.

Only half a second off the best - done by Snitzerland no less in a G2 race. Clearly when Thomass states the trainer says the horse is next to useless without them, Snowden must think that performance was next to useless. Tough marker. All the other horses he races there without blinkers on must be next to useless as well. Since they don't run as fast as Redzel did - without blinkers!

5 minutes ago, FeelTheFear said:

Must have been the blinkers. 

Must have been.

I'm not so sure the horse improved 10.7L. The margin between it and the winner changed by that, but is that improvement of that much? Wait til Thomass tells you he had adjusted the first start up by 12 lengths due to back luck and being hampered. What then?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Must have been.

I'm not so sure the horse improved 10.7L. The margin between it and the winner changed by that, but is that improvement of that much? Wait til Thomass tells you he had adjusted the first start up by 12 lengths due to back luck and being hampered. What then?

However it gets sliced and diced by TommyTomTom, his comments on Bayeux will surely be a tapestry of lies.

Just now, mardigras said:

Must have been.

Yes that makes sense, didn't think of it like that, thanks. Anyway, I never factored in blinkers and thought that the trainer Danny Walker would add the polish. Boy what a run too, came from well off the pace. 

12 hours ago, mardigras said:

Well that's what I was told anyway. I don't listen to hearsay, I prefer to measure performance objectively myself.

Funnily enough, the horse has only ever raced once without blinkers. Ran 2nd over 1000m at Warwick Farm on a Good3. Next start with blinkers on, ran 2nd over 1100m.

But the run at Warwick Farm is the 27th fastest over 1000m on a G3 or better in the last 15 years - out of over 1000 horses at  that track/distance/track condition. A real slug without blinkers for sure.

Only half a second off the best - done by Snitzerland no less in a G2 race. Clearly when Thomass states the trainer says the horse is next to useless without them, Snowden must think that performance was next to useless. Tough marker. All the other horses he races there without blinkers on must be next to useless as well. Since they don't run as fast as Redzel did - without blinkers!

Do you have a life?

A Princess...some bloke to cuddle...is curious doing nights this week?

You behave like Batman...but you continue to jump in blind...without the Crusader's undies...and then I leave you hanging...hoisted high...upside down from a Gargoyle...

Snowden

When asked about the blinkers: “He’s cagey there is no doubt about it. He does what he has to without them. On race day we need to use them.”

And then Hayesy puts you to bed again with your nonsense of you knowing more than Trainers

Redkirk Warrior wore blinkers for the first time on Saturday after Hayes thought the gelding had become a "thinker" at the end of his last campaign.

"Just because they're fast, sometimes they don't focus, but he was focused today," Hayes said.

"He ran down the best sprinter in Australia."

So RW runs down Redzel...both wearing Blinkers...after their trainer's played with their minds...

Just like I'm fiddling with yours....sans undies...Hoisted off a gargoyle...

spanked

• Haha 1

The only person you are spanking is yourself. Repeatedly. You are so far out of your depth.

Since you first stated that Snowden said he was next to useless without blinkers.

Now you're changing it - since he is far from useless without blinkers.

It's what you do, you write as if you are quoting them , but they haven't said what you write. Because you're stupid.

And it clearly looks like he runs as fast on all the evidence (except opinion), without blinkers as with blinkers. Who knew. Not you.

So my opinion remains the same. That being the blinkers likely make no consequential difference to the performance of the horse. Snowden has his opinion. I'm happy to have a different one.

Edited by mardigras

4 hours ago, mardigras said:

The only person you are spanking is yourself. Repeatedly. You are so far out of your depth.

Since you first stated that Snowden said he was next to useless without blinkers.

Now you're changing it - since he is far from useless without blinkers.

It's what you do, you write as if you are quoting them , but they haven't said what you write. Because you're stupid.

And it clearly looks like he runs as fast on all the evidence (except opinion), without blinkers as with blinkers. Who knew. Not you.

So my opinion remains the same. That being the blinkers likely make no consequential difference to the performance of the horse. Snowden has his opinion. I'm happy to have a different one.

Nobody in the history of racing sites has the complete arrogance that you display...

Unbelievably you still think the horse goes as well without blinkers

Hall of Fame trainers just waste Air according to you...

Their belief is all fiction...and they're hiding the real reason why theyre blinkering up

ffs...get help

3 hours ago, mardigras said:

Did I forget to mention Redzel carried 3.5kg more in his race than Snitzerland did in his.

What's the formula again for that Thomass. Heck, he would have practically broken the track record at his only start without blinkers. Next to useless, no doubt about it. Hahahaha.

You're too thick to see you can't have an each way bet on this moron

Either 1Kg= 0.1L or it doesn't 

Redzel getting beaten 3L over 1000M is a hiding

Thats why he blinkered him up

Utter dickhead

11 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Nobody in the history of racing sites has the complete arrogance that you display...

Unbelievably you still think the horse goes as well without blinkers

Paragraph 1. That's Ok. I don't mind. Nobody in the history of racing sites has the complete stupidity that you display. That's one each. 

Paragraph 2. That's your opinion. Thanks for sharing. The only evidence against that is also opinion especially in light of the fact the horse has only raced the one time without. Are you suggesting that if they decide to race Redzel without blinkers, I shouldn't back it specifically for that reason?

2 hours ago, Thomass said:

You're too thick to see you can't have an each way bet on this moron

Either 1Kg= 0.1L or it doesn't 

Redzel getting beaten 3L over 1000M is a hiding

Thats why he blinkered him up

Utter dickhead

Yet he still ran faster than Haylist and the others I mentioned. Was Haylist any good?

He certainly didn't get beaten by 3L. He was 3L behind the track record. Keep up. 

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

No it's the opinion of the f In trainer who knows the horse you dickhead...

"He's cagey...on race day we need to use them"

You think 0.5sec is virtually nothing for some weird reason...because you're ignorant...that's it

its f in 3L over 1000M...a thrashing

You clearly can't read. He didn't get beaten by 3L when he raced without blinkers. But it sure is helping make you look stupid now.

Let's simply end this discussion now.

You seem to hold the view that anyone who disagrees with the trainer about a horse is wrong. Odd view, but there you go. If I always believed trainers (even just the highest rated), I'd be broke.

Reading this thread shows you up as having some serious anger issues. If I were you, I'd consider attending anger management sessions. It can't be healthy being the way you are.

But on the topic, I know you struggle with simple stuff. But try this.

The 3 starts prior to running without blinkers, the horse ran in races with margins away from the winner of 4.2L, 4.5L and 4.8L. Are you with me so far?

Then ran with blinkers off, beaten 0.5L. In a time that was 3L off the actual track record. Now, when I went to school, 3L is less than 4.2L, 4.5L and 4.8L - which were the margins to the winner in those earlier races - not to the track record.

In all prior starts, the only time he had finished closer to the winner was in winning its maiden race in a maiden event! All other starts beaten by more.

Only 97% of all horses to race over 1000m at Warwick Farm on a Good 3 have run slower. Only 97% of them. 1000+ starters in the last 15 years.

If you can't get this, then there is no way to help you. 

For someone that claims to not listen to trainers, you do a heck of a lot of posts claiming things from trainers. You thrive on hearsay.

He's cagey quite likely as per what Snowden says. But he was also fast - without blinkers. That is indisputable.

I rest my case.

Edited by mardigras

A kingdom of isolation 
And it looks like I'm the queen…Let it go

Let it go...let it go....

Just leave it to real horsemen...not statsman poo picker upperers....

They know best...and if they say "on Raceday we need to use them"

Take it as read...ok

Edited by Thomass

Yes of course...

Incredibly were not dealing with robots...statsman....

Theyre living breathing beasts with behavioural issues....

...like possibly you??

...but I'm suspecting you may be a bot...

Who thinks trainers know sfa...and they should train by the clock...

let it go Queenie...

Good to see you finally admitting that blinkers are used to address behavioural issues. Well done, that's progress.

Thankfully that should allow you to see that Redzel runs as fast without blinkers, but maybe Snowden felt he had a behavioural issue he wanted to address. Well done if that's the case.

Haha...you absolute fool

All Blinker applications are to change behaviours...

Field shy...often the result of an early lack of running with mobs these days

Concentration issues...

..and of course in BRAVE SMASH's case...wanting to race handier...

It's your favourite generic term....Blinkers= changes behaviour

The funniest thing with your so called 'stats' though..

Is that you make no allowance for unlucky runs or racing wide without cover...

Consequently your 'speed' ratings are about as reliable as an old Trabant running on 2 stroke

Keep up the ignorant narrative though...loving starting the mornings off bent over in hysterics 

2 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Haha...you absolute fool

All Blinker applications are to change behaviours...

Field shy...often the result of an early lack of running with mobs these days

Concentration issues...

..and of course in BRAVE SMASH's case...wanting to race handier...

It's your favourite generic term....Blinkers= changes behaviour

The funniest thing with your so called 'stats' though..

Is that you make no allowance for unlucky runs or racing wide without cover...

Consequently your 'speed' ratings are about as reliable as an old Trabant running on 2 stroke

Keep up the ignorant narrative though...loving starting the mornings off bent over in hysterics 

More of your usual diatribe. 

What's funny is when I told you blinkers are to address behavioural issues, you tried to claim that wasn't true. Good to see you on board with that now.

I don't use stats. I don't use opinions. I use facts.

You're the stats man, 3yo after Christmas, Down in grade, 3kg claimers, blinkers on, 1kg = 1L.

Maybe you've forgotten. 

I said it's do with all behaviours obviously....

Its like saying we breath to stay alive...no kidding

Seriously though...I'd be emailing all of these trainers if I was you...

Reveal their neddy's times and how they're as fast without blinkers...

The Industry could save millions in gear weary and teary 

Just do it

I certainly don't tell Trainers anything...

I trust them...when the BP is activated on a certain horse...and they've added Blinkers...Im all over them for 20%...

...You Just mouth off telling them it's a waste of time...Mr. Arrogant

Did Dibo...Haysy's training mate...tell you how to pick up the poo correctly...

...or did you tell him?