NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Time to pitch up to the NZTR Roadshows!

Join NZTR's Bruce Sharrock and Darin Balcombe throughout New Zealand as they provide a strategic update.

In September 2024, NZTR CEO Bruce Sharrock and COO Darin Balcombe will be undertaking Roadshows across the Northern, Central and Southern regions to meet with local stakeholders and provide a strategic update on NZTR activities. All industry participants are welcome, and we hope you gain some insights from the content covered leading into the most exciting summer racing carnival in New Zealand racing's history. 

SOUTHERN

Wednesday 4 September: Invercargill | Ascot Park Raceway - First Floor Main Stand 12.00pm-2.00pm

Thursday 5 September: Dunedin | Wingatui Racecourse - Winning Post Lounge 12.00pm-2.00pm

Friday 6 September: Christchurch | Riccarton Racecourse - Gloaming Room 12.00pm-2.00pm

NORTHERN

Wednesday 11 September: Matamata | Matamata Racecourse - Epsom Lounge 12.00pm-2.00pm

Monday 16 September: Karaka | New Zealand Bloodstock - Phar Lap Room 12.00pm-2.00pm

CENTRAL

Thursday 12 September: New Plymouth | New Plymouth Raceway - La Mer Lounge 10:30am-12:30pm

Thursday 12 September: Palmerston North | RACE Awapuni -Terrace Lounge 4.30pm-6.30pm

Friday 13 September: Hastings | Hastings Racecourse - Cheval Room

12.00pm-2.00pm

Registrations close Wednesday 21 August. 

If you have any important questions or thoughts about topics you'd like to discuss, please email Sarah at Sarah.Young@nztr.co.nz before the date advised above. She will ensure that Bruce and Darin have time to consider them in advance of the Roadshows.

We encourage you to register your attendance by clicking the blue button below. 

REGISTER YOUR ATTENDANCE FOR NZTR'S ROADSHOWS HERE

Corporate Communications

New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing

+64 27 252 2803

New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing

18 Dick Street, Cambridge 3434

Email: office@nztr.co.nz

'leading into the most exciting summer racing carnival in New Zealand racing's history.'

Why on earth do they need to start with that sort of bullshit. They appear to be totally tone deaf.

I suppose if they had started with " leading into the most exciting summer racing carnival in New Zealand racing's history after the worst winter in NZ racing's history" at least people might have had a smidgen of respect for them.. 

• Like 1

There must be people on here involved in various industries who occasionally go along to industry "state of the nation" meetings. I don't imagine any of them start with this "greatest summer in history shit". Do Fonterra farmers head along each year to be told they are about  to have the greatest summer in history?

Most industries have had their ups and downs over the years. They acknowledge the bad ones and look forward to the better ones. They realise things can change quickly. 

NZ Racing had some pretty good summers during the 80s with great racing and great horses. You get the impression the current lot have no experience of how good NZ Racing used to be and think with their new best mates Entain they are the greatest thing to ever happen to racing in this country. I suppose the attendees at Matamata and Karaka might support that view but they might get different feedback elsewhere.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Doomed said:

There must be people on here involved in various industries who occasionally go along to industry "state of the nation" meetings. I don't imagine any of them start with this "greatest summer in history shit". Do Fonterra farmers head along each year to be told they are about  to have the greatest summer in history?

It does seem rather pie in the sky stuff, especially when they don't even have a functional venue for that carnival yet. I agree that I think I've long since seen the greatest summers in NZ racing history.

Edited by curious
  • Like 3
  • Champ Post 1