NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Bruce Negus - Dancing Glenis improvement!

Brodie

Bruce Negus has been training Dancing Glenis  for about six starts now!

The horse was trained by Robert Anderson for its first 32 starts without a win.

She showed a modicum of ability but was always giving the others a start as it was kept on the unruly.

Was struggling with form and  was transferred to Bruce Negus stable.

It had a couple of average run down south and then how it turned a corner.

It won down south  then won next up at Addington like a good horse.

Then it paced the whole race for a Junior driver and tonight it went a great race for third after working hard the first lap.

Dancing Glenis would have to be the most improved horse in Canterbury over the past month or so?

Bruce Negus has worked the oracle with Dancing Glenis!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

Bruce Negus has been training Dancing Glenis  for about six starts now!

The horse was trained by Robert Anderson for its first 32 starts without a win.

She showed a modicum of ability but was always giving the others a start as it was kept on the unruly.

Was struggling with form and  was transferred to Bruce Negus stable.

It had a couple of average run down south and then how it turned a corner.

It won down south  then won next up at Addington like a good horse.

Then it paced the whole race for a Junior driver and tonight it went a great race for third after working hard the first lap.

Dancing Glenis would have to be the most improved horse in Canterbury over the past month or so?

Bruce Negus has worked the oracle with Dancing Glenis!

Hey Brodie,

Fascinating situation with Dancing Glenis that looking through results caught my eye also.

When I think of Robert Anderson the horse that most comes to mind is Smooth Dominion who beat all but Iraklis at huge odds in the the 97 NZ Cup. 

He raced numerous horses of the Dancing Glenis breed including Sunny Glenis who won 10, Glenisthebettor who won 7, Glenis Maire etc. I always rated Dancing Glenis as a fairly average mare that may win a race at a lesser meeting one day,  if everything fell into place.

Not sure why she was transferred to Bruce Negus or if Robert has scaled things back. 

I watched a replay of Dancing Glenis beating Natives Inferno at Addington on the 14th July and was surprised. Not just by the win but the dominant nature of it. She's definitely turned the corner to the point it's almost as if she's a different horse. Based on what I've seen with her recently there's no reason she can't go on and win more races. Many owners / trainers with just ok horses will be encouraged by her recent turnaround to press on with their struggling ok horses. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Bruce Negus was fielding calls from others to take over with their ok horse. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Hey Brodie,

Fascinating situation with Dancing Glenis that looking through results caught my eye also.

When I think of Robert Anderson the horse that most comes to mind is Smooth Dominion who beat all but Iraklis at huge odds in the the 97 NZ Cup. 

He raced numerous horses of the Dancing Glenis breed including Sunny Glenis who won 10, Glenisthebettor who won 7, Glenis Maire etc. I always rated Dancing Glenis as a fairly average mare that may win a race at a lesser meeting one day,  if everything fell into place.

Not sure why she was transferred to Bruce Negus or if Robert has scaled things back. 

I watched a replay of Dancing Glenis beating Natives Inferno at Addington on the 14th July and was surprised. Not just by the win but the dominant nature of it. She's definitely turned the corner to the point it's almost as if she's a different horse. Based on what I've seen with her recently there's no reason she can't go on and win more races. Many owners / trainers with just ok horses will be encouraged by her recent turnaround to press on with their struggling ok horses. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Bruce Negus was fielding calls from others to take over with their ok horse. 

When Robert Anderson had it, it didnt seem to have much confidence and just appeared to be a battling maiden!

The last few starts that Bruce Negus has had it, it is upright and stronger looking and its last few runs have been super tough.

Would be interesting to find out what Bruce puts the dramatic improvement down to, as it has been huge?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

When Robert Anderson had it, it didnt seem to have much confidence and just appeared to be a battling maiden!

The last few starts that Bruce Negus has had it, it is upright and stronger looking and its last few runs have been super tough.

Would be interesting to find out what Bruce puts the dramatic improvement down to, as it has been huge?

I don't know what Robert Anderson is up to these days Brodie. I do know he's had one winner in 2024 and that was Grettymac and two winners last year. Grettymac and Jezebel who hasn't raced since April 2023. She ironically beat Woodlea Jewel :) 

If Robert didn't have any others in work Dancing Glenis would have done everything solo. Perhaps it was a case of doing what you always do and getting what you always get?

Bruce Negus has plenty in work so Dancing Glenis could have been working with Buffy Northstains who's won 10 or Paige who's won 9.  It could be a case of rising tides lift all ships or a change of environment / food / routine or a combination. Whatever it is, it's working. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, With A Dream said:

Another thing I have noticed lately is that Bruce Negus has ownership in a couple of horses trained by other trainers. 

Bruce Negus is great for harness.

He supports racing big time, in amateur races as well as all the others.

He also massively supports female drivers by giving them  plenty of opportunities! 
We need plenty more of Bruce Negus’s!

• Like 2

Bruce Negus improving horses dramatically continued today st Addington.

First race Waterholes Road bolted in even when Bruce wasn’t at all confident!

Second race a horse that Bruce I don't believe has had for very long, sprints home like a class act and bolts in!

Great to see a long time trainer still putting in the hard yards and getting success, when many his age have put their feet up!

Need plenty more Bruce Negus’s to keep the industry going.

• Like 1