Bit Of A Yarn

Are there two RIU's?

Yankiwi

I've been thinking about the way things have gone for the last couple years & there is one thing I just can't seem to rationalize.

Are there two RIU's?

In the Greyhound code getting on two years ago now, photographic evidence of live baiting was put forward to GRNZ & the RIU, who both choose to just sit on the evidence, so it was they put forward to the SPCA. To this day, the people in the photographs are still at work in the industry while the SPCA is still hanging over their heads... Yes, closing in on two years later...

Fast forward a year & a half or so. The RIU uncovers some evidence of match fixing in the Harness code. Again, the RIU does little about it but takes the evidence they had to a higher ground & hands it over to the police. The police do their investigation (INCA) and as soon as news breaks, those caught up in the "investigation" are warned off immediately.

Greyhound code... We have to wait for the SPCA investigation to be complete.

Harness code... Investigation completed - actions taken.

The top investigators in NZ for animal welfare are the SPCA.

The top investigators in NZ for match fixing are the Police.

We've told the SPCA investigation is complete & it's with the lawyers, so why are at least those in the photographs & the kennel not warned off?

Seems to be two sets of rules & two sets of standards from one entity.

• Like 1

I’m not 100% sure but I once read amongst all the threads correct me if I’m wrong but someone said Lisa Coles father is in the police force in Palmerston North.

So go figure why this was never a police investigation like the harness .

if that is correct then we all no why the police weren’t involved .