Bit Of A Yarn

BLINKERS ON!! ...Oops ADMINISTRATIVE error..

Thomass

As everyone knows...apart from some juvenile delinquents on here..."prove they go faster" nonsense...

Blinkers is THE number one gear go fast..and when it works..it really works

Some outstanding examples in the last few weeks with G1 winners Sentimental Miss and Crown Prosecutor having applications 

But it requires help from the admin suits to get it right...

Last weeks winner Thunder Bay wasn't notified..."oops admin error"

Thankfully the FEDS tweeted the info out...for the extra 20% to be added...or whatever tickles your fancy...

But yesterday Latta was as enthused as could be

"oh yes they definitely allowed her to settle handier...worked a treat"

yep

I'd be trying to remain schtung on this subject if I was you....

Redzel's trainer "this neddy definitely needs Blinkers"

Grashead..."this horse doesn't need blinkers

Latta " This filly improved out of sight with Blinkers"

Elliot on Volks Lightening "the BO first time enabled her to relax more than she usually does...definitely helped"

Do you enjoy looking stupid?

What stands out is that for someone who claims they don't listen to opinion, you write a heck of a lot about the merits of other people's opinion.

You even think the opinion of racing.com should be shared with punters as if it is useful.

I think you tell porkies when it comes to listening to opinion. You're guided by it. And I think it works well - after the horses have won. 

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 1

As I've told you before

Email Redzel's trainer...tell him he's wrong...simply wasting wear and tear on using Blinkers

...and while you're at it tell Lisa Latta she knows nothing about horse psychology 

Then tell Rodgy it was a huge mistake adding Blinkers first time in 34 starts on VL....

...what a waste of time

you is

Sharing more opinions?

Why don't you ask them why their records with horses with blinkers on is so poor? Given they know all this stuff. 

Couldn't they work out blinkers would make the horses run worse before deciding to put blinkers on?

This is the very reason why you can't put a runner up before the races - you don't know what is going to happen. And when they win, which is rare, you write about it on here.

Edited by mardigras

99.9 % of people...other than those in the practice of sophistry...

...wouldn't share their 'opinion' that a trainer is simply wrong to be Blinkering up

REDZEL

You should get that tattooed across your noggin...just in case you offer more advice to Redzel's trainer...in person

Then he can laugh in your face

Again you're off demonstrating that you can't discuss a topic. You're too thick and too blinkered into thinking these people know stuff. But their results show otherwise.

Carry on talking to yourself. I've given you another chance, but clearly that was pointless.

Yea I'm relly relly f in stupid....Ive tattooed that across the noggin...

...that'll be repeated on here ad Infinitim just so your moron mates can get off on it...

...to believe Redzel's trainer is wrong to think his charge "relly relly needs blinkering"

A Horsemen v a dickhead ignoramous statsman

Give up

6 minutes ago, Thomass said:

..to believe Redzel's trainer is wrong to think his charge "relly relly needs blinkering"

A Horsemen v a dickhead ignoramous statsman

Give up

Still on comparing opinion. I didn't state he's wrong. I've stated I disagree. It's quite a simple notion. 

Perhaps ask him why he ever bothered running Redzel without blinkers. Was he misleading the punters?

Edited by mardigras

2 hours ago, mardigras said:

And when you're asking him that, ask him why, as such a horseman, he hadn't worked out that the horse was useless without blinkers prior to him starting him without blinkers. Such a horseman would have known that - surely?

As a 'horseman' myself of many years I know that he knows wtf he's talking about

You and silly old Chief there...licking your icon....wouldnt have a clue about what that means...

Just remind us again the performance sans Blinkers you said matched or bettered all its other performances??

A benchmark 1000M...correct?

11 minutes ago, Fred said:

One seldom has an indication that blinkers are needed until a horse races in a field of others. Training these days does not allow a dozen working together.

That's right nod...

..and as an old doyen boss of the game once suggested to me...

..."them olde days had big mobs of horses running together throughout their early years"

...you don't get that these days on Boutique type studs

too true

• Champ Post 1

It makes no difference what class of race it was. The horse still earned more from that start than its three prior. It still ran massively faster than any start EVER before. Faster than horses like Hay List. Seems that level of performance was an indication of its ability. Useless? Don't think so.

And the point is, you're still talking opinion. I simply don't listen to opinion. You don't have to either, but you do. 

Ffs..give up..you continually throw up this rubbish...and it goes down like a cup of cold sick to readers with common sense...

oh yea and HORSEMANSHIP

The benchmark race may have had perfect conditions...wasn't taken on....bad a good night's sleep...smoked a stogie then had a toke

Just read Snowy's take on it...he knows him backwards...wtf knew a trainer would?

When asked about the blinkers: “He’s cagey there is no doubt about it. He does what he has to without them. On race day we need to use them.”

So you keep saying. And as I keep saying, my opinion is that he doesn't require blinkers. I'm entitled to think that. I'm not telling others to think that. They can form their own opinion.

If I believed the opinions of trainers, I'd be broke. Thankfully, I'm not.

Yes but the crass ignorant stupidity of your 'opinion' renders any other of your 'ideas' impotent..

Even Magoo and a bogan Bazz...not pissed on Whakachungas...can see that

A Professional horseman v a Neville Nobody statsman's choice to ignore the bleedin' f in obvious...

Take ya pick

I'd pick me everyday. I don't care who anyone else picks. If anyone has an opinion and thinks their own is incorrect, I think that says more about them than anything else. If I thought my opinion was wrong, clearly it wouldn't be my opinion anymore.

Your statement is why you lose at punting. 5 trainers all think their horse will win. So your opinion is that the five of them will deadheat - surely. You couldn't possibly have an opinion that was different to a professional horseman.

Edited by mardigras

53 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Yes but the crass ignorant stupidity of your 'opinion' renders any other of your 'ideas' impotent..

I don't get too hung up on opinions. People can take or leave my opinions/ideas. I tend to work on the basis of facts.

Edited by mardigras

14 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Well the NZRB were mesmerised by your 'opinion'...weirdly...

Then you turned them down when your latte appointment clashed...

As they equally turned me down for a later time. It is of no concern to me as to how NZRB goes. As I say, they can take or leave my views. But at least you'll be happy with them ignoring them given where things are at with them. Enjoy. Hope you love the new site.

I prefer to deal in facts. 

Edited by mardigras