Bit Of A Yarn

what race was Bruce Sherwin watching??

Mo Salah

Check out the replay and the commentary on the last race at Avondale today.

I had a final field Top 3 bet on Not Usual Heaven and listened to the race on Radio Trackside.  Bruce Sherwin called it home 3rd - not a photo, not a close finish - categorically 3rd.  Fantastic!!

Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I went to TAB to collect and SST tells me bet is not winner.  Relegated perhaps??  No not at all - watched the replay just now and it wasn't even close - possibly half a length behind the 3rd horse. 

Forget the big crescendo on the winner Bruce - just call the first four in finishing order for those people who are not watching.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mo Salah said:

Check out the replay and the commentary on the last race at Avondale today.

I had a final field Top 3 bet on Not Usual Heaven and listened to the race on Radio Trackside.  Bruce Sherwin called it home 3rd - not a photo, not a close finish - categorically 3rd.  Fantastic!!

Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I went to TAB to collect and SST tells me bet is not winner.  Relegated perhaps??  No not at all - watched the replay just now and it wasn't even close - possibly half a length behind the 3rd horse. 

Forget the big crescendo on the winner Bruce - just call the first four in finishing order for those people who are not watching.

understatnd your angst, Mo... he also called Savastep SAVAPAK at the start... have to say though, that Bruce os generally pretty reliable as a caller with a good 'read' of a race

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weasel said:

understatnd your angst, Mo... he also called Savastep SAVAPAK at the start... have to say though, that Bruce os generally pretty reliable as a caller with a good 'read' of a race

Don't really agree - he once called a race where he called the horse that won the race (Galloping Gerte) in fifth place across the line.  That takes some doing!

• Like 1

Listen to his commentary of the last at Tauranga yesterday.  If you listen right to the end of the call his comments re 3rd and 4th would suggest he either read this thread or was at least aware of the Not Usual Heaven slip.

The 3rd horse in the last at Tauranga was 1.5 lengths ahead of the 4th horse.

34 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

Listen to his commentary of the last at Tauranga yesterday.  If you listen right to the end of the call his comments re 3rd and 4th would suggest he either read this thread or was at least aware of the Not Usual Heaven slip.

well spotted, John 

16 hours ago, N1MUE said:

Bruce most definitely reads this site...and he's a big fan of mine to be fear...

His sectional reading is as good as Gorgeous George's ability to skewer a full Barbie of whitebait...

...and commentators get rusty if they're not full time...use it lose it