Bit Of A Yarn

Sports Betting Hall of Fame to Induct Dennis Drazin

• Journalists

Monmouth Park’s Dennis Drazin, a key player in the legalization of sports betting in New Jersey, will be inducted into the Sports Betting Hall of Fame Apr. 25. In addition to being an advocate of sports betting and a horse owner, Drazin is chairman and CEO of Darby Development, which operates Monmouth Park.

Drazin spent nearly seven years battling to overturn the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA). The Supreme Court ruled in his favor May 14, 2018, and Monmouth accepted the first legal sports wagers in New Jersey June 14, 2018. The decision changed the face of legalized sports betting in the U.S. after being restricted to just four states since 1992.

“I’m honored to be recognized for my accomplishments in the industry and I look forward to continued success at Monmouth Park,” Drazin said.

The ceremony will be held at the Sky Room in New York City in conjunction with the Betting on Sports America conference at the Meadowlands Exposition Center.

View the full article