Bit Of A Yarn

Do Nothing

I'm a kiwi

I think it is time that NZGRA actually says something and then actually follows through!  We have heard that they were going to ban non chasers from coming to New Zealand which they did not do, of course.  I see one dog put over the fence and injured at Addington two weeks ago.  Today we see another one fight and pull up, disrupting the field to the point where it looked like many of them got hurt, including the instigator.  The NZGRA should be ashamed of themselves .  Like most politicians they are good talkers with no action. It makes me wonder how they smile and collect their pay while we continue to see dogs regularly break legs at Addington.  We are now in a situation that if we say anything the excuses run riot, for example, the dog took a check, the dog fell, it was an old dog, hes been having problems with that dog, .  This  an aboslute disgraceful display of incompetance by the Association and RIU that are supposed to be there to protect the dogs. " We love our dogs, they love to race" is our logo. What an absolute fraud of a logo to have when the powers that be, the RIU, the Association do nothing to protect their safety accep offert excuse after excuse.  Greyhound Racing will be long gone and we will all look back at the incomeptance of the so called professsionals in charge. 

Too late!

• Like 1

That's a bit harsh, first time owners I think who bought the bitch to breed with for good money. From one of the best litters to race in NSW for sometime. Took a mighty gamble sending it to NZ probably with Collar in mind ( I wouldn't have..) and will now foot the bill to have it fixed and sent back to OZ. Agree though NZ shouldn't allow these marring types to come in, non chasers can often be fixed but marring is a different matter.

Guest CrossCodes
3 minutes ago, bamboozla said:

That's a bit harsh, first time owners I think who bought the bitch to breed with for good money. From one of the best litters to race in NSW for sometime. Took a mighty gamble sending it to NZ probably with Collar in mind ( I wouldn't have..) and will now foot the bill to have it fixed and sent back to OZ. Agree though NZ shouldn't allow these marring types to come in, non chasers can often be fixed but marring is a different matter.

Exactly why this proposed $2000 levy is a good idea, this dog already had 2 tickets, today being its third, would they have taken the chance of sending this serial offender over if they had to pay this? 

Guest CrossCodes
Just now, bamboozla said:

The dog was always going back so no I don't really see it would have had any difference as it would be refunded.

In this case yes, but it might make others who think of NZ as a dumping ground for their ‘last resort’ dogs think twice.

Just ban marring dogs, levy for non chasers. Still leaves opportunity for people to source dogs they cant find in NZ. Without new owners being able to access buying dogs you can't keep the sport healthy. Virtually every successful breeder in NZ started of with an import of some sort, got hooked on the game, imported quality bitches and went from there. I would guess every successful NZ bred dog in the last decade would have an imported bitch in damline no more than 2 or 3 generations past including all of the NZ bread Oaks finalists last night.