Bit Of A Yarn

Ryan New Goffs UK HIT Agent

• Journalists

Richard Ryan has been appointed the new Goffs UK Horses-in-Training Agent effective immediately in advance of the Doncaster Spring Sale on May 22, the sales company announced on Tuesday.

“We received a huge amount of interest for this new role and Richard was the outstanding candidate so we are delighted he has accepted,” said Goffs UK Managing Director Tony Williams. “Richard brings a wide network of contacts and a wealth of industry experience to the position, and will be a welcome addition to the Goffs UK team.”

Ryan, who has held jobs at stud farms, in the bloodstock sphere and in training, had previously worked as an assistant trainer to Terry Mills and most recently for Ian Williams. His new role will entail finding entries for Goffs UK’s six horses-in-training sales on a yearling basis, as well as provide a Goffs UK presence at British racecourses.

“I am delighted to be joining the Goffs UK team and have long admired the company’s progressive and forward-thinking approach,” said Ryan. “They place a great deal of importance on integrity and transparency in all their dealings and consistently provide great value and service to their customers. I always enjoyed the decisions we made with owners when deciding where to sell our horses-in-training and I’m looking forward to experiencing this from the other angle and being part of an energetic and close knit team.”

View the full article