Bit Of A Yarn

Dress code wanganui today

Looks like someone has let the dogs out.Oops I mean mongrels.Four shaw and kiwigreys you are both low life scum.You two must be so perfect the way you criticise other people’s bodies.If your the sort of people that are in greyhounds no wonder the sport is in the shit.You both need to grow up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Looks like someone has let the dogs out.Oops I mean mongrels.Four shaw and kiwigreys you are both low life scum.You two must be so perfect the way you criticise other people’s bodies.If your the sort of people that are in greyhounds no wonder the sport is in the shit.You both need to grow up.

More appropriate ways to state your opinion, I agree. But you also need to check your behaviour. I have read your posts and you are very comfortable denigrating those you don't agree with. Quotes: "low life wanker", "bigger muppets", "low life scum", "mongrels", and references to parentage. And I would like to correct your assessment of greyhound racing. The sport is not in the shit as you so eloquently put it because of...  The sport is in crisis because some individuals put personal profit above all else and are happy to sacrifice the sport's participants to get it. The sport is "in the shit" because some have no moral or ethical fibre, no concern for welfare. The sport is "in the shit" because some have no conscience. You should think long and hard about that last sentence.

Edited by Cockyaleg
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Champ Post 2

2 hours ago, Milo said:

??

• Haha 1

Tights, the wearing of.

Tights are not sanctioned track wear and in my opinion for good reason. I have seen some shocking examples of why they are inappropriate on the telly. Tights so stretched that you can see not only the type of underwear the person is wearing but also the colour. Tights that show all bumps, lumps, and indentations, and tights that would make a camel blush. Before Milo gets all hot and bothered, I wish to state this post is not about people who carry weight. This is about the rule.

Tights have a cross next to them on the dress code advisory, and I have given valid reasons why. There are women wearing tights on track that look good, they are either on the thin side or have chosen tights made of appropriate fabric. Now the issue is that because some look good there have been allowances made. Rightly or wrongly? However, the inconsistency has lead to strong criticisms from some quarters, others questioning why there are even rules when others not wearing tights have come under fire.

The CD is a shocking example of the dress code. There are days when some look like they grabbed their attire out of the dirty laundry on the way out of the door, or pulled last weeks clothes out from under the vehicle seat. One woman wears her husband's warehouse track pants on a weekly basis, not allowed. Brown boots are the go with one leading kennel. Just some examples that can be seen on the telly. For Pete's sake look in the mirror before you leave home. Try and look like professionals, have some pride!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Dress Code should at all times be adhered to and with Whiterod finally departing this is just one area that with luck will improve. He was far too inconsistant and favoured some people more than others. Brian Bateup is responsible too as he does not handle confrontation and Austin also as you can see clearly on T.V. the downfalls that they just do not address. With a new Head Stipe about to take over let's hope things change for the better but I would not bet on it....The system right through from the top to bottom needs revamping with passion if the sport is to last. As long as an injury of sorts is reason to kill a dog when in actual fact that life could be saved the chances of the sport surviving is grim  very grim indeed. 

On 22/05/2019 at 5:58 PM, Kiwigreys said:

I thought they both looked like cooked sausages where the skin is too tight and about to burst 

Any different to what's up here with Mullanes, Shardae, Karen and Emma pouring into their clothes?? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

I think it's time for the Chief to move this thread to the vent, or dispose of it altogether...

Totally agree Yankiwi,  bullying is NOT ok and frankly quite disgusting to be commenting on woman’s body shapes on a public forum.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

2 minutes ago, Bettingman said:

Worth noting though that while tights are not ok, there is no rule to say that you can not wear tight or fitted pants which I think are more the common place.

There is an abundance of trousers styles that compliment all body shapes. Tights are a lazy choice and because of there revealing nature should never be worn on race days. Nothing wrong with properly fitted trousers which are size appropriate.

• Champ Post 1

11 hours ago, Milo said:

You d need help.I hope all your friends and family if you have any are all slim models.I doubt they are.

No they aren’t actually, I have friends of all different shapes and sizes, one thing though, they do dress appropriately 

• Champ Post 1

10 hours ago, Kiwigreys said:

No they aren’t actually, I have friends of all different shapes and sizes, one thing though, they do dress appropriately 

They aren't tights what are you even on about? I've never seen Wendy wear tights in my 30 plus years at the tracks. And that sure ain't tights tonight! That's a woman that's lost weight. Be like Bob. Don't attack people. Ka pai. 

• Sad 1

On 22/05/2019 at 6:15 PM, Four shaw said:

Was that a shirt or tent Wendy was wearing,

Wendy has lost alot of weight for her own health. Great to see you have noticed so yes probably does look like a tent on her. 

• Champ Post 1

6 minutes ago, Kiwigreys said:

Ironed white shirt and tie

black trousers

black socks and shoes

Christchurch racing club jacket 

yep I’m sorted thank you ☺️ 

Well good on you. Rather than attacking one kennel go and look at a few more. Well done for being so diligent. Maybe you could pop up to the c.d and show them the correct way to wear their attire. 

Edited by Bob