Bit Of A Yarn

Breeding in 2019

Looking forward to the stallion register arriving - thought it was due out this week .....

Interesting when using the software to consider various matings how different the results can be ... plugged in one stallion to my mare's pedigree and G1 told me excitedly it was a 20-20 mating and I could see some merit in it too.  Same horses into True Nicks software yielded an underwhelming  "C" rating ...

Hmmmm ... back to the drawing board.  

Quite a few new stallions - many stallions now are sons of High Chap. Nothing wrong with that .. unless you have a High Chap mare of course ...

Any thoughts on the new horses?  Thought the Valachi Downs horse US Navy Flag looked pretty exciting .... am I correct in saying he is quite a physically small horse? 

J. 

Edited by jess
typo

They don't have to be giants as long as their heart is a decent size.Check out Blue Point who won 2 Group 1's at Ascot this week, built like a brick shitehouse biut not overly 'big'...on that topic, if you have a smallish mare is that an indication that she will leave smaller than average foals? I don't believe so however I'd love to hear from someone experienced in this..?  Or is the 'simplistic'answer that you should put the mare to bigger than average stallions? Is this how it works?