Bit Of A Yarn

Golf Champs

Mooncoin

On 7/07/2019 at 8:37 PM, theshu said:

Love betting on the golf,only bet small for an interest,Bloody hard to get the winner.

Cheers Shu,I haven't had much interest investing in the golf,but struck up a conversation with a mate of a mate at Sandown Park a few weeks ago.He now bets 90/10% on golf and horses!

So I have decided to have a trail over the European summer starting last week.

I took two players in Us tournament and 3 playing in Irish tournaments.Investing e/w to finish in the top 5/6.Two players finished in the top 5 for a 116%  return on top of investment.

This week (invested Wednesday)in US and 2 in Scottish open

US: Wyn Clark and Luke Glover

Scotland: H Stenson and Cabrera -Bello

C-B has just teed off for for 3rd round as I write and has double bogey the 1st? 

Cheers

• Like 1

I love my golf.Had a very good collect of Vaughan Taylor a few years ago.Only put on 10 dollars on a few in the one game for a interest and always  for win only.Very very hard to pick the winner in golf and even now sometimes i wait until the last round as you can still get good money if you are 3 or 4 of the lead and can find the winner. Good luck.

• Like 1

Golf is like betting into the pre-nom Melbourne Cup markets. Things change quickly and form comes and goes. Then you actually have the event and one little things goes wrong and its all over pretty quick but if you get it right you get big odds and a false sense of this is easy lol.

I believe the best time to bet into golf is after the first or second round.

• Like 2

Portrush is definitely a tough course!The players out early this morning have a good chance to shoot a score.

Paddy paying top 10 ,so this is how I saw it before tee off yesterday. 

J Rahm,E Pepperall,L Oosthuizen,R Langasque.

USA:  S Streka and W Roach  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, theshu said:

I have no idea what coverage you get in NZ,but here in aussie it really is fantastic.

I imagine it is the same as here as I doubt many could afford to cover golf for 12 hours a day like it is at the open!

Sitting here on my couch I am sure I would break 70 round that course......

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Sitting here on my couch I am sure I would break 70 round that course......

I know i would break 70 also,  as long as i only played 9 holes. I see David  Duval had a 13 or 14 on the first day on one of the holes and i thought welcome to my world.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Whoever sinks their 10 footers consistently will go a long way to winning it.

I thought Speith putted a lot better ,more like his old self last night and yes you are so right, it most likely come down to whomever  has the putter working the best on the final day..

4 hours ago, theshu said:

I thought Speith putted a lot better ,more like his old self last night and yes you are so right, it most likely come down to whomever  has the putter working the best on the final day..

Justin  Rose had a  solid 2nd round.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, theshu said:

I see they are expecting 40 klm per hour winds and rain for the last day. This will be great to watch.I personally hope the Irish guy wins,but will have a   bet today on Kopeka.

Brooks is a long way behind. Those 40k winds better eventuate!

The course must surely show its teeth.

I wish I had taken the 12s on Fleetwood after the first round. 

• Like 1