Bit Of A Yarn

Any Autopsy Results Yet

gambler

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13638/stewards-report.aspx

"SHOOTERS HILL (6) - slow to jump. Collapsed and died at lure. Bloods were taken from this dog and will be sent for analysis. A post mortem will be carried out with the results reported in the coming days."

They probably would have tested the blood at the RIU lab. I wouldn't expect the results of the bloods to be released to the general public. If they came back clean, then it'd be considered "not news worthy". If they came back positive for anything, the RIU would probably open up a full investigation on how to best cover up the dodgy result.

• Haha 1

Can someone knowledgeable on this subject please explain why a fit, young, healthy dog would suffer a heart attack at the lure? Some documented referencing would be helpful so that a layperson can fully understand this anomoly. Can someone knowledgeable please also explain why the cause of the heart attack was not included in the report? Thank you.

1 hour ago, Cockyaleg said:

Can someone knowledgeable on this subject please explain why a fit, young, healthy dog would suffer a heart attack at the lure? Some documented referencing would be helpful so that a layperson can fully understand this anomoly. Can someone knowledgeable please also explain why the cause of the heart attack was not included in the report? Thank you.

I know of fit, young, healthy men and women who have passed away due to heart attacks as well Cockyaleg.  Unfortunately, that's a fate majority of us will meet. But in regards to greyhounds, I have had a dog die walking off the track after running second in a race. Was ruled to be a heart attack... In no way was she introduced to any illegal substances as you may be suggesting, or anything else for that matter. It just happened... However, I don't claim to be very knowledgeable in this area, I was just gifted with a bit of common sense. 

Regards.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

I know of fit, young, healthy men and women who have passed away due to heart attacks as well Cockyaleg.  Unfortunately, that's a fate majority of us will meet. But in regards to greyhounds, I have had a dog die walking off the track after running second in a race. Was ruled to be a heart attack... In no way was she introduced to any illegal substances as you may be suggesting, or anything else for that matter. It just happened... However, I don't claim to be very knowledgeable in this area, I was just gifted with a bit of common sense. 

Regards.

Excuse me, I suggested nothing. I asked a legitimate question. There are many reasons why a supposedly healthy human may suffer a heart attack, fatal or not. The causes and contributing factors are many. Health professionals endeavour to ascertain the exact cause if possible. Only then can they format a plan to reduce risk and incidence. I doubt they ever just shrug their collective shoulders and utter the word buggar. Why is that attitude acceptable here? Could this death have been prevented? Employ some commonsense of your own. Deaths need to be investigated fully, other lives could be saved.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Cockyaleg said:

Excuse me, I suggested nothing. I asked a legitimate question. There are many reasons why a supposedly healthy human may suffer a heart attack, fatal or not. The causes and contributing factors are many. Health professionals endeavour to ascertain the exact cause if possible. Only then can they format a plan to reduce risk and incidence. I doubt they ever just shrug their collective shoulders and utter the word buggar. Why is that attitude acceptable here? Could this death have been prevented? Employ some commonsense of your own. Deaths need to be investigated fully, other lives could be saved.

Considering most of the posts I have read which are attributed with your "name", unfortunately, your legitimacy is to be questioned... which is why I responded how I did. I'm not here to argue, but it's hard not to when the same users are just out bagging for the sake of bagging.. The worse one is actually the starter of this thread. Like I wrote earlier, save it for something more productive. Happy hump day! 

• Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

Considering most of the posts I have read which are attributed with your "name", unfortunately, your legitimacy is to be questioned... which is why I responded how I did. I'm not here to argue, but it's hard not to when the same users are just out bagging for the sake of bagging.. The worse one is actually the starter of this thread. Like I wrote earlier, save it for something more productive. Happy hump day! 

Grow up!

• Haha 2