Bit Of A Yarn

Iffraaj’s Powerful Breeze Lights Up Town Moor

Wandering Eyes

• Journalists

Impressive on debut in a seven-furlong novice contest at Newmarket Aug. 23, Dr Ali Ridha’s Powerful Breeze (GB) (Iffraaj {GB}) belied inexperience to upstage some stouter fillies in Thursday’s G2 May Hill S. at Doncaster. Anchored with two behind early by James Doyle as the pace proved moderate in the gusts that had blighted Town Moor all afternoon, the 6-1 second favourite showed the sharpest turn of foot to gain the lead passing the two-furlong pole and assert for a length verdict over Boomer (GB) (Kingman {GB}), with Alpen Rose (Ire) (Sea the Stars {Ire}) a neck away in third. “Early on, I thought I’d get her back out of the wind and get her to relax and she was quite green,” her rider commented. “When the pace would lift, I had to ask her to sit a touch closer and then when it steadied she would run a bit keen, so it wasn’t that smooth. I couldn’t believe how steady they were going even to the three pole and she quickened up and was in front after 10 strides. She was very game late on and very professional, it was just in the early part of the race that I had to teach her a bit more. She’ one to look forward to.”

POWERFUL BREEZE (GB), 126, f, 2, Iffraaj (GB)–Power of Light (Ire) (SP-Eng), by Echo of Light (GB).
(50,000gns Ylg ’18 TATOCT). O-Dr Ali Ridha; B-Rabbah Bloodstock Ltd (GB); T-Hugo Palmer; J-James Doyle; £39,697.

avw.php?zoneid=45&cb=67700179&n=af62659d

The post Iffraaj’s Powerful Breeze Lights Up Town Moor appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

View the full article