NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Mates Driving For Mates?

Newmarket

Thought Hail Christian was a good bet tonight, but luckily I changed my mind.

Reason- Dex & John Dunn had front line draws, sure enough Betters Heart steams to front, only to hand up to Billy Badger. Now I’m not saying anything dodgy is going on, but does other drivers in a race alter your way of punting? 

The 2 Green runners in race 7 Alex tonight was similar, stablemate burns to front, only to hand up to fav, which controls the race and sprints home to win. 

Should the stipes ask a few more questions, or is everybody happy with the sprint home tactics. 

In my eyes, if stablemates wore different colours, 99% of the time one wouldn't even bat an eyelid to the driving tactics employed. That is why stipes never ask questions.

It is best to factor it into your punting if one even thinks of doing so, which the vast majority wouldn't anyway.

• Like 1

Just to clarify, I'm not knocking DD, we all know how good he is.

But rival drivers in the sth island really let him dominate in front. Any horse can sprint a half in 57 if they have an easy run in front, which most of the time he gets.

He only has an average record at Auckland, because other drivers up there are more aggressive.

18 minutes ago, Kakama said:

Just to clarify, I'm not knocking DD, we all know how good he is.

But rival drivers in the sth island really let him dominate in front. Any horse can sprint a half in 57 if they have an easy run in front, which most of the time he gets.

He only has an average record at Auckland, because other drivers up there are more aggressive.

Girls race at Timaru was competitive, best horse won. 

On 11/05/2018 at 10:10 PM, Newmarket said:

Thought Hail Christian was a good bet tonight, but luckily I changed my mind.

Reason- Dex & John Dunn had front line draws, sure enough Betters Heart steams to front, only to hand up to Billy Badger. Now I’m not saying anything dodgy is going on, but does other drivers in a race alter your way of punting? 

The 2 Green runners in race 7 Alex tonight was similar, stablemate burns to front, only to hand up to fav, which controls the race and sprints home to win. 

Should the stipes ask a few more questions, or is everybody happy with the sprint home tactics. 

If I saw correctly, Living Legend hands up to its stablemate Pat Campbell who leads for the rest of the race at Timaru.

Is that stable driving? No, and certainly no more than the Dunns or anyone else. Sometimes we see it when we pay attention but most of the time it slips right past us.