NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Which one surprises you the most?

Happy Sunrise

A, B or C, gentlemen.

A) The fact a horse tries to bite another horse in the home straight in Hong Kong 

http://www.scmp.com/sport/racing/article/2145462/horse-bites-man-mister-monte-attacks-jockey-umberto-rispoli-race-happy

B) The fact Forbury has deep drains so close to the race track  - watch the start of the race and look at the back of the field. Could have been a disaster with the horse pushed down off the track

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=252720

C) The fact Gavin Smith hits his own stable runner with his whip during a trial. Video is missing from the trials but it will get put on eventually now the decision has been made I imagine!

Driver G Smith (BRONX VILLAGE) was fined $750 by the JCA after admitting a breach of Rule 869(2) for using his whip to strike another runner (REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY) near the 200 metres during Race 12 at the North Canterbury TOA meeting on 9 May 2018.

I will go for B. I have always been spooked by that. A and C don't surprise me much. Explainable in their own way ?

Another surprise, 

Dunns appeal to be heard next week, they lodged an appeal against the level of the fine??

I would hardly think a fine of $7k each  is to severe? 

If they lose appeal, will costs be added? 

Edited by Newmarket

On 14/05/2018 at 9:07 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

A, B or C, gentlemen.

A) The fact a horse tries to bite another horse in the home straight in Hong Kong 

http://www.scmp.com/sport/racing/article/2145462/horse-bites-man-mister-monte-attacks-jockey-umberto-rispoli-race-happy

B) The fact Forbury has deep drains so close to the race track  - watch the start of the race and look at the back of the field. Could have been a disaster with the horse pushed down off the track

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=252720

C) The fact Gavin Smith hits his own stable runner with his whip during a trial. Video is missing from the trials but it will get put on eventually now the decision has been made I imagine!

Driver G Smith (BRONX VILLAGE) was fined $750 by the JCA after admitting a breach of Rule 869(2) for using his whip to strike another runner (REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY) near the 200 metres during Race 12 at the North Canterbury TOA meeting on 9 May 2018.

I will go for B. I have always been spooked by that. A and C don't surprise me much. Explainable in their own way ?

I too will go for B (although C is tempting). Back in the day (i.e., many years ago), a few of us sometimes used that drain as water jump preparation for the cross country season. We always thought it was particularly considerate of the club to put it there for us...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Basil said:

I too will go for B (although C is tempting). Back in the day (i.e., many years ago), a few of us sometimes used that drain as water jump preparation for the cross country season. We always thought it was particularly considerate of the club to put it there for us...

Back in the day...next u will be telling us you took the trolley bus to Forbury via south Dunedin....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Back in the day...next u will be telling us you took the trolley bus to Forbury via south Dunedin....

That bloody thing was always breaking down — it was the horse and cart for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1