Bit Of A Yarn

Brian Barker Reappointed to Judicial Panel

• Journalists

His Honour Brian Barker CBE QC was reappointed to the post of Chairman of the Judicial Panel of the British Horseracing Authority for another three-year term, the BHA announced on Monday. The new term of the independent panel will begin on Jan. 9, 2020. Barker will also lead the Disciplinary Panel, Appeal Board and Licensing Committee and will handle cases dealt with through the BHA’s fast-track protocol. Following the expiration of the other 22 members’ judicial panel terms in the summer of 2020, Barker is in charge of any membership changes.

“I am delighted that His Honour Brian Barker has agreed to serve another three years as the Chair of the independent Judicial Panel,” said BHA Chief Executive Nick Rust. “The sport’s disciplinary processes are fairer and more transparent than ever before and I would like to thank Mr. Barker and the independent Judicial Panel’s members for the part they have played since 2016.”

Added Barker, “I’m pleased to be continuing my role as the head of the BHA’s independent judiciary for a further three years. Good progress has been made in the Panel’s initial term as we look to ensure a fair and robust judicial process for racing’s participants and I look forward to continuing that progress in the years to come.”

avw.php?zoneid=45&cb=67700179&n=af62659d

The post Brian Barker Reappointed to Judicial Panel appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

View the full article