Bit Of A Yarn

Castellano to Ride Spun to Run in Pegasus

• Journalists

Spun to Run (Hard Spun) has a rider. Owner Bob Donaldson has told the TDN that Javier Castellano will ride his colt in Saturdays’s GI Pegasus Invitational at Gulfstream

As recently as Saturday morning, Donaldson and trainer Juan Carlos Guerrero believed their jockey was set as Irad Ortiz Jr. was listed to ride. But Ortiz called Guerrero Saturday and told him he was taking off Spun to Run in order to ride Mucho Gusto (Mucho Macho Man) for trainer Bob Baffert. After two days of searching for a new rider, the connections settled on Castellano.

“I can’t get mad at Irad. It’s a business.” Donaldson said. “Would I have liked him to be loyal to us? Yes. Baffert can offer him a lot more than we can. So I understand. I know Javier can get it done.”

Castellano has been listed as the rider for Tenfold (Curlin) in Saturday’s $3 million race,

avw.php?zoneid=45&cb=67700179&n=af62659d

The post Castellano to Ride Spun to Run in Pegasus appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

View the full article