NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Belmont Stakes

curious

Congrats to you Stipe, you stuck and you were right. I thought he might not get the last furlong, what a great horse he is. They broke no records, he dictated and kept on, when you lead like that you throw out an invitation to your opponents to 'run you down'....he did just that, he won on his merits...you go boy, and stand proud.

• Like 1

I just love Justify's attitude.  For a big boy he is so cool and collected.  In his first prep to race in front of 90,000 screaming New Yorkers without getting fazed!  Wow!  I think that is why he got the distance - beautiful relaxed galloper.

The worst thing is they'll probably retire him now.  Damn it all.  I'd love to see him trained to run a good mile.

Yes, I thought that he was just waving it at him.

On another note what a performance by Gronkowsci and Chad Brown. He was motherless at least 12 lengths off Justify round the first turn. Got a dream run through on the rail but all the same, to finish a length and a half off that horse in his first start in the US was some effort I thought.

• Like 1

Now that's what you call a PRODUCTION!!

The Yanks show biz nous gave this race what it needed...to present the Sport in the best possible light

A Kiwi production would have been off to the next Dipton dog race soon after crossing the line...and a recorded interview 1/2 an hour later...

How good is the brand new Triple Crown Trophy though??

And  God played a massive part to...there was so much sucking up to God those God fearing peeps will all be going to paradise for sure..

21 minutes ago, curious said:

Yes, I thought that he was just waving it at him.

On another note what a performance by Gronkowsci and Chad Brown. He was motherless at least 12 lengths off Justify round the first turn. Got a dream run through on the rail but all the same, to finish a length and a half off that horse in his first start in the US was some effort I thought.

I wonder how Gronkowski's dam crossed the path of Lonrho.  

Good question. I don't know. Maybe mare bought in Oz and bred NHT before being shipped back to US? But he looked like he wasn't even going to join in. Some patient ride and if he'd begun, history might have been different. Have a look at his start here.

Edited by curious

8 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I wonder how Gronkowski's dam crossed the path of Lonrho.  

I'm guessing Stipe but perhaps Michael Wallace is the connection...would like to know.

In the denouement of the Belmont, it crossed my mind that Justify is a lot like Secretariat in looks...and I spared a though for the recently departed Bill Nack, RIP, who didn't get to see the 13th Triple Crown winner seal the deal. 

2 minutes ago, curious said:

I thought he was foaled in the US?

Yes he was.  Trackside Farm was the vendor when sold as a yearling for US$75k at Keeneland.

Then sold as a yearling at the Tattersalls sale for 50,000 GNS.  Then as a two year old for 300,000 GNS at the Tallersalls breeze up sale.

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yes he was.  Trackside Farm was the vendor when sold as a yearling for US$75k at Keeneland.

Then sold as a yearling at the Tattersalls sale for 50,000 GNS.  Then as a two year old for 300,000 GNS at the Tallersalls breeze up sale.

wonder how they're feeling right now! Esp the owners who quit him for 50,000 GNS as  a yearling