NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Belmont Stakes

curious

I never commented on whether drugs made a horse go faster. If such drugs were allowed in the jurisdictions I bet on, then I would investigate the claim and whether it was universal or not. If it wasn't universal and applied only to a small degree of the population on a case by case basis, then I would ignore it.

You've repeated continually your approach to blinkers. It has nothing to do with trusting the trainer. You trust that the blinkers make the horse run faster. There is no proof that is the case. 

Of course, me thinks one doth protest too much abut the lack of information if indeed these 'gear changes', 'operations' etc notifications were giving you such an edge. All these great ideas you have, yet you still persist with continually wanting more. It sums things up pretty well for me. You'll never have enough information because you apply things to a horse that are not based on anything to do with the horse.

Ok, so you're the type who looks a gift horse in the mouth...

Northern Dancer was on the go fast..you knew it...and sat there like a stunned mullet...fool

Youve repeatedly said you "trust the trainer to get the horse to race in the best possible shape"

But you don't trust them enough that a top rating value horse will concentrate any more than before and get a length or two extra...after the trainer has tried gear changes in training...

Australian Punters receive this type information ..operations, change of tactics...

Its surely about TRANSPARENCY...i.e. insider trading knowledge...

..and Punters can do with that whatever they like...

you're an algorithm punter....Stick to that format guy

...but don't tell others they don't want to know an investment has had wind problems...

...or they're going to ride it upside down to make it settle for it's next race...

Thats why the NZ Thoroughbred punter is becoming today's sports punter...where every stat is available...

1 minute ago, Thomass said:

Youve repeatedly said you "trust the trainer to get the horse to race in the best possible shape"

But you don't trust them enough that a top rating value horse will concentrate any more than before and get a length or two extra...after the trainer has tried gear changes in training...

Exactly. Because it rarely makes a difference. You want all these stupid 'stats', but the 'stats' even tell you how little difference it makes to horses on raceday. It's just a guess. I don't like to deal in guesses - especially guesses that are generally so far off the mark.

And on your theory, then it shouldn't matter whether it is blinkers or ear muffs or a tongue tie - or anything else on or off. Because for a top rating horse, surely you trust the trainer has applied a change they have tested in training and the change is going to deliver a length or two extra. Surely. Or do they apply those changes just for fun?

Of course it makes a difference...on a neddy I've rated to invest on

Ive trusted the trainer that a TT is value added...even an extra 0.1L makes a difference...you don't trust them..that's as clear as day

I add less for TT's than BO..

that's how I've rated them over years of experience....each to their own

This has been done to death...you have no understanding of the subject

You think it's ok for Australian Punters to have this transparency but not us...idiot

You obviously believe in Insider Trading on the share market..

...and that's criminal...criminal 

27 minutes ago, Thomass said:

This has been done to death...you have no understanding of the subject

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. 

I find it highly amusing that the 'improvement' from blinkers, only applies to your top rated horses. And not to anyone elses. Do your top rated horses with blinkers on, know they are to perform better with blinkers whilst the other top rates horses don't realise that.

Why do you need all this extra information? Isn't the edge you get from these other fantasies working out?

Edited by mardigras

24 minutes ago, Thomass said:

You think it's ok for Australian Punters to have this transparency but not us...idiot

You obviously believe in Insider Trading on the share market..

...and that's criminal...criminal 

I haven't argued about whether the information should be available. I've simply tried to help you out by letting you in on a few secrets. You can give punters all the information you like. Most will use it like you and it therefore will be irrelevant to their success or failure. But some people simply can't be helped. Which is why you will always be looking for more information, no matter how much you get. As you will always think you are missing out on the key piece to solve the puzzle.