Bit Of A Yarn

Thornton Almost Back to Normal After COVID-19 Scare

• Journalists

Andrew Thornton reports himself to be nearing full health after recovering from coronavirus. The Cheltenham Gold Cup-winning rider caught the virus in March, describing how he was “knocked sideways” by the illness.

He said, “The last week I have been just about back to 100%. “Where it came from I don’t know, but luckily Yvonne [wife] and Harry [son] have both managed to avoid catching it. I just tried to separate myself–I used a different bedroom and bathroom, I just stayed away from them.

“I struggled to get up before 1 p.m., I’d brush my teeth and walk downstairs and I’d be struggling to breathe. After about five days I started to improve, but I lost about three-quarters of a stone in 10 days as I just lost my appetite and everything tasted of salt.

“I’d never missed a day of work in 28 years through illness, but I definitely wouldn’t have been going to work.”

avw.php?zoneid=45&cb=67700179&n=af62659d

The post Thornton Almost Back to Normal After COVID-19 Scare appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

View the full article