Bit Of A Yarn

T.I.P. Announces 2019 Award Winners

• Journalists

The Jockey Club Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.), which encourages the retraining of Thoroughbreds into other disciplines upon completion of careers in racing or breeding, announced the winners and other placings from its 2019 performance awards program. The complete list of winners and participants is available here.

The performance awards recognize Thoroughbreds accumulating the most points at all horse shows in each of the T.I.P. award categories and divisions throughout the year.

“We received applications representing 630 Thoroughbreds competing in more than 12,500 classes and divisions during the 2019 award year,” said Kristin Werner, senior counsel for The JockeyClub and the administrator of T.I.P. “Winners will receive ribbons, prize money, and a variety of prizes, including custom Horseware coolers, halters, keychains, and apparel.”

Performance awards will be available once again in 2020 and will be based on results in shows from Dec. 1, 2019, through Nov. 30, 2020. The deadline for submissions is Dec. 20,2020. In response to the ongoing cancellations of horse shows due to COVID-19, stand-alone divisions have been added for online dressage shows and online horses shows (non-dressage) for 2020.

avw.php?zoneid=45&cb=67700179&n=af62659d

The post T.I.P. Announces 2019 Award Winners appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

View the full article