Bit Of A Yarn

Lara Telfer Wins Heat 1 of the Furlong Factor

• Journalists

Lara Telfer, Regional Marketing Manager for the Jockey Club’s South West region, won the first heat of Racing Welfare’s Furlong Factor with her rendition of Birdy’s son, Wings. Competing against three other singers, Telfer now advances toward the Furlong Factor Final, which will be broadcasted on Sky Sports Racing on Saturday, May 9th. Heat two begins at 8 p.m. local time on Racing Welfare’s Twitter page on Thursday evening and heats will continue every night until May 4th. Contestants are battling for a £1,5000 cash prize and an all-expenses paid trip to the G1 Qatar Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe, while simultaneously supporting Racing Welfare’s COVID-19 Emergency Appeal.

“I was overwhelmed and thank you to everyone so much for their support last night,” Telfer said on Thursday. “The other contestants were amazing and tonight’s heat again looks a real hot one. It’s now on to the final which I’m pretty nervous about, I’m certainly under no illusions that it’s going to be a tough one but I’ll give it my best shot and see how we get on.”

avw.php?zoneid=45&cb=67700179&n=af62659d

The post Lara Telfer Wins Heat 1 of the Furlong Factor appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

View the full article