NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Jamie Gameson

Happy Sunrise

14 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Where have all his horses gone?

I see Smithy started the other day at the trials but his horses have been absent for quite awhile. Unless, I haven't been paying attention that is.

Jamie has sent most of his racehorses to Michael House who campaigned them at Manawatu.

It is extremely hard for young trainers to make a living in harness training horses when they have next to no chance of picking up major stakes for the reasons that we all know.

It is going to be the death nail for many in Canterbury, although some think this domination is good, it damn well isn’t.

Trainers don’t express it publicly for obvious reasons but I can tell you that they aren’t happy.

Gow can any you g trainer justify an owner buying a yearling for say 30k, spending another 15 to 20k per year training and winning  5 to 10k per year if they are lucky?

Look at the size of the Auckland fields on Friday night when the stakes are 12k and 17k!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

A scroll down the Jewels Leaderboards offer a great insight into seeing how hard it is to win money.

The 3-year-old boys section shows who has been exported and they appear to me to be that real solid C6-C8 pacer of yesteryear. There is not depth in that area much more.

As for Auckland, There should more Canterbury horses sent up there in search of much better money.  The fields are a scary size...or lack thereof.