NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

They're off in the US

curious

Interesting how this applies to the NZTAB development of sports betting software. Is there any relevance at all?

One factor I can see is Silicon Valley getting more involved meaning a whole lot more competition and products. I cannot see Trump allowing US citizens to send funds overseas so if NZ Racing Board were planning on some sort of bonanza then forget it.

With the explosion in software means there will be cheaper systems and more innovative products  which kind of makes NZ TAB look stupid investing in unknown untried software developed for a tiny market compared to that available in the US.

I always thought NZTAB investing $50 million writing sports betting software was absurd now I think its an absolute disaster.

The whisper from elsewhere is that Winston Peters is going to relieve most of the current NZRB Board members the interesting part is this decision comes before the Messara report.

Could it be the $50 mill spendup on sports software is unravelling? Certainly there would have to be a black and white reason.