Bit Of A Yarn

Integrity NZ Style...Officials

Thomass

A deadset Johnny Rotter of a few months for Kee Wee racing officials as well...

Their Alan Whickers are well soiled I'm afraid...they've been channelling a 2 yo's pre potty training...

Started with a starter of course...who lined up his Riccarton gates 30M short for a race...the same theme continued a few weeks later where half the field were loaded...then unloaded when a sleepy Stipe woke up to see the stalls in the wrong place...again

...whereupon a horse was kicked and injured amongst the confusion out the back...f me...

The Handicapper resigned and all hell broke lose when his replacement couldn't read the rules properly and got his Weights all f'd up on a Premier day...Even Saundry was called into the room at HB and asked his opinion...

...Meanwhile Oatham had ordered a re weigh...all saddled up...again...then Pike protested...and won it...20 minutes later the race started

What a f up..

More...a Clerk of the Scales didn't bother telling Stipes a Jockey was 1 kg overweight...

...HQ's prized Starter ex HONG KONG...vastly experienced, forgot to press the re set button...yelled "watch ya gates"...where nothing happened...apart from the Jocks anticipating the start with 3 horses smashing into the gates...

Wait there's more...after a quick nightcap

At least the Met. has taken notice of the consistent fk-ups at the start and has replaced the starter...their call,  not the RIU though.

What a conflict of interest - racecourse D, RIU employee, starter...bloody hell, I'm not implying corruption here, but systems must be seen to be beyond any taint. 

Edited by Freda