Bit Of A Yarn

Has the Woeful WEIGH IN...become even MORE Woeful??

Thomass

So I rooted around various organisations pleading for this 'industry mirror' to be resurrected via sponsorship...

I should have known Davo Ellis would take up the baton and rally tally ho the troops...at least 10 players jumped on Board...including NZ Bloodstock who wanted their day in the sun for promoting their sales...

...f me...what's a Bloodstock business got to do with a Racing Review show you may ask?

Yep NADA that's what...but seeing as Dear MRs Emily's NZ Bred show got the DCM...they coat tailed on board and self produced an item from the Ready To Run sale that was a dead set shocker...read off a sandwich board by a sales assistant pretending to be 'interviewed'

Anyway the sum total of this show now that Mick contra Guerin has taken it over as Producer is 'I'll scratch yours and you can scratch mine' and never a controversial topic shall I raise if you'll sponsor the show

Flibberty f in marvellous for Mick and Emily then...they've got a job...and the sponsors won't have a word said agin them..

So they announced first week

"Luke Radich is going to join the panel"

F yea we thought!!  Luke is the ONLY one left in 'Racing Journalism' that will call a spade a spade and not care whose foot he's standing on...

8 weeks down and Luke is no where to be seen!!!  WTF??

And believe it or not...NOT ONE NEGATIVE THING HAS HAPPENED that this 'show' could've commented on...

The most hilarious thing to happen was when Emily's Hubby Opee won the Puke Cup

Guerin "Emily, what's Opee think about the whip sweetheart"

Emms "oh, he's STRONGLY for it"

Hahaha...I bet he is...that same week he'd just won the Puke Cup by illegal Whip use and got fined 1k!

Did either Mick or Emmys mention that FACT

YEA NA!

What a f in surprise!

Tune in tonight for more back pattin bum slappin telly and never a controversy raised...zzzzzzzz...

...and NO RADICH either!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY...Luke Radich appears!!

How good is this bloke at analysing everything from good horses to jockeyship to whips?

Danielle was superb as well and when she stops swapping partners so often and decides to have babies...she'll be solid GOLD standard as a Trackside comments expert...

...if these f'ers at Trackside decide to allow humans back on course....

FFS, what's wrong with the suits at NZTR not being proactive in insisting NZ Racing needs presenters on course??

Pretty ordinary show last night.

All Radich had to offer was to rave on about banning the whip (has he ever ridden a horse), Levante and Wiremu Pinn. Hardly riveting stuff T.

It was more a magazine type show if trivial stuff rather than any in depth analysis of the weekend racing. 

In your words it was more back pattin bum slappin telly and never a controversy raised...zzzzzzzz..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe...perhaps the sight of actually seeing him the first time after telling us he'd be there weeks ago?

But seriously A....Radich is the thinking woman's bit of crumpet...he has the intellect that show needs on a continual basis...

Emily's lovely of course but never raises contentious issues and Guerin has to grease palms with his various bit parts...

Didnt you enjoy Danny though?

What couldn't baby face Marsh give her that Jammie has....diamonds?