NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

any longshot tips for today 10 to 1 over

wally

On 9/07/2018 at 4:38 PM, Thomass said:

...even Rid hill who astonishingly handed out a no hoper maiden..as value ffs

On 11/07/2018 at 10:15 AM, Thomass said:

including the unbelievable maiden 'tip'...

You certainly know how to assess a horse. No doubt about it after your assessment of Cassio.

I think it is pretty clear the level of form analyst that you are. A horse you stated was a total no hoper and an unbelievable maiden tip, I'm sure some punters just loved the $9 fixed odds place div at its next start - and runs second just beaten. Using your methods, he should have won by a mile after being 5 wide without cover out of the straight. In what may well have been the biggest betting move of the day, you would have looked even more stupid than you already do if it had held on.

Call yourself a form analyst - no one else would. I have only just stopped laughing at your horse assessment skills.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

Hello darkness my old friend...you've cum to harangue moi again...

Cos your creepiness left its seeds while I was sleeping...yuk

Listen up....this neddy had ok form in mid week weaker maiden fields...

The telling stat...and Punters set a very accurate market generally

...it started at 60's when you stupidly tipped it...in a strong Saturday field

Back to midweek and over a longer more suitable distance...the stable tipped it in to start 12's

moi rest moi's case....

btw...when did you start betting place??

You have no idea about NZ punting nuances...give up...go bet Gundy Guy big boy

I didn't back it - never said I did. As for the price, it was at 40s fixed odds so clearly the TAB didn't realise it was any better chance. And the price only majorly shifted in the last couple of minutes.

But my post wasn't about the quality or otherwise of the field. It was that you took the time to write about the horse as being a non hoper. Astonishing that anyone would select this horse. Heck, you even posted twice about this very horse. 

Now it runs second, you've changed your tune. As always, after the race. No surprises there.

• Haha 1

No hope on the day...when at 60's...clearly its earlier form was ok...

The market is the accurate one...you should know this

I was astounded you were tipping 60's when the BOTD INGRAIN...who had far superior Black Type form at its last stat...against USA G1 performers, started at 6.7...and who franked its readiness by blitzing a strong trial field...

...but you take no notice of Black Type form back to weaker class...or trial results

...give up...stick with Gundy Gai

9 minutes ago, Thomass said:

No hope on the day...when at 60's...clearly its earlier form was ok...

The market is the accurate one...you should know this

I was astounded you were tipping 60's

No. That's crap because you've been found out as useless.

The market is not the 'accurate' one otherwise I wouldn't profit. It's the fact that the market is often wrong that allows that.

Other selections I have put up here have started at 60+. Multifaceted, barely beaten. Another one that day at 200. Also close up. 

I select based on chance being superior to price. On the basis I expect them to perform better than their price suggests. 

You just put up horses that win after the race. Waste of time and space. 

Only thing you got right is that I definitely don't back a horse because it finished close in black type and then races down in grade. Like Firebird Flyer for example. I prefer to assess the actual performance, not the grade of race it was in.

• Like 1

I said "generally" the market is accurate...of course the process of punting is finding value...that goes without saying 

You have the bare faced butt cheek to bring FF up again...when she was recognised as being unlucky that day...read the form line...

...and then give examples of "close up...barely beaten"

So there's a rule for you and different for FF?

You have no idea about general Thoroughbred knowledge in NZ let alone knowing that running well in Black Type or superior form races is the BEST form...

Then we all remember your total lack of understanding of Wheelers comment

" I have some jumpers like that...sprinters who can hurdle but can't get a middle distance race"

Common Thoroughbred knowledge here...yet you were flummoxed...and even had the blind arrogance to say "Wheeler is wrong"

dickhead

No, there isn't one rule for me and one rule for others.

Barely close up - that is in the race I selected it. Not useful the next time it races. How competitive it was in the race I selected it for.

Where I expected it "in that race" to perform better than market price. It has nothing to do with whether how close it finished is important to its next start.  It isn't.

I find when betting on something, I'm more interested in how it runs relative to how I thought it would run.

Just another area that you probably can't distinguish the difference.

Funny about Wheeler's comment. You were wrong then and seems you haven't learnt. Again, still no surprises.

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 2

Incredibly you still can't understand basic Englais...even after taking the 2nd lingo option at kindy

Everything you comment on has a huge question mark over it due to your incapability to understand basic English...and 101 Thoroughbred knowledge...

...every Thoroughbred stakeholder, with even a modicum of knowledge, would know what Wheeler meant...

You still cant understand the FF bet either...no surprises there

I invested on this horse AFTER its superior Black Type performance...back to maidens it was 8's FO....unlucky in the form line post race

Wisely, I also invested on the Lynds Spec Maiden performer who also had superior form on Premier day back to a mid weak az maiden...at 8's

what can't you understand about that moron??

I'm pretty sure I fully understand thoroughbred racing - but more importantly, I understand what impacts performance.

You don't given your myriad of useless theories.

I don't know what Wheeler said. I only saw what you quoted him saying. There was no ambiguity in what you wrote,  it was simple and straightforward.

Next you'll be telling me if Moody had said Black Caviar doesn't get a mile, you'll be suggesting he is saying she needs further. 

As for FF, she simply was an average horse that ran in a crap race. And you thought it was spectacular and followed the myriad of punters in on a price that you thought was value. That's what you get when you assess performance based on class of race as opposed to just assessing the actual performance. 

More fool you.

With all this understanding you claim to have, why can't you put up any runners before the race to highlight how your understanding works?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I'm pretty sure I fully understand thoroughbred racing - but more importantly, I understand what impacts performance.

I don't know what Wheeler said. I only saw what you quoted him saying. There was no ambiguity in what you wrote,  it was simple and straightforward.

Next you'll be telling me if Moody had said Black Caviar doesn't get a mile, you'll be suggesting he is saying she needs further. 

As for FF, she simply was an average horse that ran in a crap race. And you thought it was spectacular and followed the myriad of punters in on a price that you thought was value. That's what you get when you assess performance based on class of race as opposed to just assessing the actual performance. 

More fool you.

With all this understanding you claim to have, why can't you put up any runners before the race to highlight how your understanding works?

an absolute cracker  lol         Next you'll be telling me if Moody had said Black Caviar doesn't get a mile, you'll be suggesting he is saying she needs further. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mardigras said:

More fool you.

Exactly...you don't UNDERSTAND what Wheeler said...even though I told you the accepted THOROUGHBRED lingo

But you're Pig ignorant..then arrogant enough to say "Wheeler's wrong"

Double dickhead

You don't learn. I commented on what you quoted. End of story. You were wrong with the interpretation of what you quoted them, you are still wrong now. And yet you still persist that you understand thoroughbreds. Give us a break. Take another week off.

Go back to mucking out the stalls. Shoveling shit is at least something you seem to do well.

I quoted exactly what Wheeler told the journo moron

"I've had a few Hurdlers like this...who can't get a middle distance...but who can hurdle"

Meaning the accepted learned Thoroughbred understanding that she can sprint between fences...even though she can't stay that distance on the flat

Simple az...too simple for a simpleton like you who said

"But she got the distance..so he's wrong...I'm right"

Dickhead of the most arrogant order of the Dickhead Order

Thomass you live in a world of hearsay, jock comments, trainers statements, blinkers, tongue ties, winkers, & a number of other unquantifiable dreams you have.

You are living proof that there are some people beyond help in the intelligence stakes and no matter how many times some have tried to help you on a journey you blindly stick to looney theories that match your personality.

Its no surprise you are a devout Jacksinda follower, you lack the brains to think intelligently for yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thomass said:

I quoted exactly what Wheeler told the journo moron

"I've had a few Hurdlers like this...who can't get a middle distance...but who can hurdle"

Meaning the accepted learned Thoroughbred understanding that she can sprint between fences...even though she can't stay that distance on the flat

Simple az...too simple for a simpleton like you who said

"But she got the distance..so he's wrong...I'm right"

Dickhead of the most arrogant order of the Dickhead Order

You are the lowest of the low. You are a fraud. That is not what you wrote. This isn't verbatim, but is closer than that.  some horse named something like ... wheeler can't get a mile. Why do you bother? You're an embarrassment to the world of punters.

Edited by mardigras
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mardigras said:

You don't learn. I commented on what you quoted. End of story. You were wrong with the interpretation of what you quoted them, you are still wrong now. And yet you still persist that you understand thoroughbreds. Give us a break. Take another week off.

Go back to mucking out the stalls. Shoveling shit is at least something you seem to do well.

is tommy selling bags of horse shite  can i place an order

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mardigras said:

$3 a bag. Like his views on racing, heavily inflated.

Please tell us what the sire of this dung is, I hear from Thomass that Zed dung loves the wet areas of the garden, Savabeels like the front yard, Darcy Brahma likes shaded cover & Sacred Falls is an unknown newcomer who could be a late maturer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, barryb said:

Please tell us what the sire of this dung is, I hear from Thomass that Zed dung loves the wet areas of the garden, Savabeels like the front yard, Darcy Brahma likes shaded cover & Sacred Falls is an unknown newcomer who could be a late maturer.

The best dung is that which drops in close proximity to a neighbouring stall occupied by a black type performer. 

Edited by mardigras
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, mardigras said:

It is quite funny. The guy is so out of touch - he is like an itch you shouldn't scratch. But when he seems to always come back, why not.

We need loons like him, the bookies accounts are topped up by his likes,.

Thank you Thomass.

• Haha 1