Bit Of A Yarn

Jnr drivers - How good

Karrots

Gamms you are funny, still chatting about this, I had thought we had moved on lol.

Out of interest I took a bo-peep at wording of the current rules regarding this,

The rules state during the running of race, no-one including a driver, shall run a horse or cause or permit a horse to be run other than on its own merits.

For me assisting stable mates aka team driving is borderline.

I have not seen this year what I would deem as team driving. Which I think is great and is fair play 😁 While the rule remains worded as it is, there is obviously an opportunity to team stable drive. Which I see your point as being excellent for those that are able to do this. But the majority of others within a race, it is not. 

Anyway lets get this subject back to topic 😁

Think Nth Jnrs have not had a Jnr drive only race Feb at all, so lets hope they get a race to have a crack in sometime soon during March 👍

Edited by Karrots

On 3/6/2021 at 1:15 PM, eljay said:

Clubs averse to running Juniors races in north simply due to fact that there are only 9 registered juniors domiciled in the North and for instance if one of these happens to be unavailable the pool is very skinny.   

Ok. I had thought it was as the last couple were unfortuntely timed during lockdowns, no regional travel between Camb/Auks, therefore as you say lack of numbers. Maybe a combined of a few things, lack of numbers, lack of noms & timing travel restrictions.

Moving onto this week & there we go again, North Jnrs race wont run this week due to lack of noms, only 5 Camb. As mentioned in another thread (Harness x-press) with T Vince no longer licensed is a shame & in my view a loss, he supported these races. Perhaps he may have nom-ed 2 to get it off the ground had he still be licensed.