Bit Of A Yarn

Bonecrusher v Winx

Thomass

So to BONECRUSHER...

wtf did they leave a Jock off..then leave a saddle and bridle on...

It looks as if he's just escaped from the Starters clutches and heading for Concert Halls somersault fence...in a blind panic ffs

IMG_1068.JPG

57 minutes ago, Thomass said:

So to BONECRUSHER...

wtf did they leave a Jock off..then leave a saddle and bridle on...

It looks as if he's just escaped from the Starters clutches and heading for Concert Halls somersault fence...in a blind panic ffs

IMG_1068.JPG

I'm closing this Topic. I personally find it distasteful that you would criticise this statue Thomarse. 

Not many people will know but Bonecrusher after his death was smuggled into Ellerslie and buried where he now lies.  That was to avoid Auckland City Council regulations.  From what was described to me it was a well co-ordinated effort of subterfuge between the Ellerslie Club, a digger driver and the Mitchell family.

The Mitchell family paid for the statue - it wasn't cheap.  It was their choice to have it riderless and I can understand why.  The statue is to celebrate a great horse - he has passed on and leaves behind his riders.  The saddle and bridle depict him as a racehorse.  I guess some of us can't see that symbolism.

His purchaser and owner Peter Mitchell gave Red a fantastic retirement.  In tragic fashion Peter passed away not long after Bonecrusher. 

As the commentator said "Bonecrusher races into equine immortality." 

• Bad Post 1